This ancient custom is all but unique to Derbyshire. It's the art of decorating wells and springs with pictures made using only natural materials.
The beautiful village of Tissington will again host it's fantastic display of Well Dressings. Thursday 21 May until Wednesday 27 May 2020. Tissington Hall will also be open for visitors 25-27 May between 12-3.00pm.
1. Hands Well at the north end of the village, near the Post Office
2. Children’s Well on Rakes Lane, nearly opposite Hands Well. A small additional dressing located nearby.
3. Hall Well opposite Tissington Hall
4. Yew Tree Well at the south end of the village, near the start of The Avenue leading to Tissington Gates
5. Town Well at the eastern end of the Village Green, near the duck pond
6. Coffin Well in the garden of a house on Chapel Lane (follow the signs via a footpath from the Town Well)
Sorry, this event has passed
Map & Directions
Ask at Herbert’s Tearooms for directions to sites