Over the past few years, Haddon Hall has become renowned for its artisan markets, which bring together some of the finest artisans in the country in a curated event, set in the magnificent grounds of the Haddon estate. After holding two successful events this summer, Haddon will be hosting its Mercatum Winter Artisan Market over three weekends, with a number of rigorous health and safety measures in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable festive experience for everyone.
There will be a maximum of 70 artisans each weekend, placed in stalls which weave their way round the estate, starting along the driveway, moving to in front of the Stables, the Lower Courtyard and into the Banqueting Hall. Visitors will follow a one-way system out into the gardens, where there will be more stalls on two of the terraces, before heading into the Long Gallery and back out into the Lower Courtyard.
The hall will be decorated to create a wonderfully festive atmosphere, with live music playing each day. The stallholders will change from event to event, to provide a different experience each weekend.
Additional safety measures include limiting the number of visitors to enable the correct social distancing protocols, as well the provision of a cashless market, pre-booking tickets, hand sanitiser at each stall and temperatures taken upon arrival.
Haddon Hall Mercatum ticket prices – all entrance tickets must be pre-booked online.
Children 0-15 years FREE
Car parking £3.50
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
|Season (11 Dec 2020 - 14 Dec 2020)|
* Following the Government’s latest announcement regarding a national lockdown we are sorry to announce that our wonderful Mercatum Winter Artisan Markets will not be going ahead on the dates originally planned.
Instead we shall hold a single market on 11th-14th December, with a reserve date of 18th-21st December if lockdown is extended.
Anyone who has pre-booked tickets will be able to transfer their booking – more details of how to do this will follow here soon.
We thank you for your patience.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good436
- tripper40Tilburg, the NetherlandsBeautiful placeSunday, 4th October 2020This is a must-see if you're in the area and love medieval history and old buildings. I especially liked the kitchen, which has been featured in the series Tales from the Green Valley. The... Read full review
- Daydream14167Sutton-In-Ashfield, NottinghamshireJewel in Bakewell's CrownSaturday, 24th October 2020Visiting Haddon Hall is like going back in time! One of the most unspoilt and untouched country manors in England and owned by the same family since it was built in the 1300s! Any time of the year is... Read full review
- BlueskiesandsmilesfortiesfloozyTrip Type:CouplesHaddon SurpriseSunday, 25th October 2020My first visit to Haddon Hall that coincided with a rather lovely outdoor fayre, the sun was shining and it was a typically English afternoon, in normal circumstances I would have accepted that as... Read full review
Map & Directions
On A6 between Rowsley and Bakewell. Follow brown tourist signs from Matlock or Bakewell.Bus routes: Transpeak from Manchester and Nottingham or R61.Nearest railway station: Chesterfield or Matlock.Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock station is 5.4 miles away.
Attractions Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.