Over the past few years, Haddon Hall has become renowned for its Mercatum artisan markets, which bring together some of the finest artisans in the country in a beautifully curated event, staged in the magnificent chambers of the Medieval Hall and amongst the hall garden and grounds.
This festive season, Haddon will be hosting its Mercatum Winter Artisan Market over two long weekends, with visitors invited to weave their way around the individual stalls, which begin in front of the Stables before moving into the Lower Courtyard. Enjoy Christmas shopping in the historic Banqueting Hall and Long Gallery and experience the wonder of the Elizabethan gardens, which will be awash with talented producers and makers in beautifully lit stalls.
The hall will be decorated gloriously to create a truly wonderful atmosphere, with music, winter scents, twinkling lights and décor bringing each room to life. Enjoy a luxury hot chocolate or a mulled wine in the Courtyard while browsing a variety of stalls and taking in the magnificence of this medieval home, before sitting down with something delicious to eat from an array of street food traders or Haddon’s own restaurant.
With jewellery, candles, woodwork, art, stationery, a selection of food and drink stalls and more, you’re sure to find something truly unique and original for Christmas at Haddon this November.
All entrance tickets must be pre-booked online.
Please do not travel to this event if you or anyone in your household are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been told to self-isolate.
Children aged 0-15 enter free
(Historic Houses membership is not applicable to this event.)
Booking essential – please buy car parking together with your admission tickets.
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Sorry, this event has passed
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good445
- KAW687London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNegative visitor experienceSunday, 14th August 2022We had visited the Hall in 2017 when it had a modern kinetic art exhibition throughout the interior and felt like a loved and lived in family home with small but attractive gardens. This time it was... Read full review
- Relax761149disappointedSunday, 14th August 2022Oh dear. had been looking forward to visiting Haddon Hall. paid to park the car only to be told the dog could not be allowed either in the house or the gardens! fully understand why not the house but... Read full review
- katielouise66Portsmouth, United KingdomDisappointingMonday, 15th August 2022A disappointing visit not good value for money. Should of gone to Chatsworth. Visited with my husband and 12 and 9 year old. The garden looks like it needs work and looks neglected. The only reason I... Read full review
Map & Directions
Attractions Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.