Experience the exhilarating spectacle of speed and skill as four legendary knights compete for honour and glory in the Grand Medieval Joust. See lances shatter, feel the thunder of hooves and hear the roar of the crowd as reputations are won and lost. Our fearless fighters and their magnificent horses will charge at each other at full speed in and unforgettable display of chivalry and sheer courage. Choose your champion and cheer them on to victory – or console them in defeat.
Please see website
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups - Must be pre-booked
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- English Heritage Property
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Sorry, this event has passed
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good501
- cazmezRotherham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant day outMonday, 17th October 2022What a fabulous castle with stunning views. Really enjoyed exploring the many rooms in the castle and beautiful garden area. Staff are on hand to give you information and we joined a guided tour... Read full review
- smadaleginWelton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA worthwhile visit even on a cold, rainy day in NovemberSaturday, 5th November 2022Even on a cold and rainy day in November Bolsover Castle is well worth a visit. The warm welcome by the first member of staff and the volunteers' knowledge of the castle and the Cavendish family was... Read full review
- DoobyScoo1979Cambridge, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBolsover castle ghost tour...Saturday, 26th November 2022Enjoyed an excellent ghost tour around the castle with Winnifred as our guide. She was hilarious and did a great job entertaining us with tales whilst taking us through the grounds and castle. This... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North (follow brown signs) Leave M1 motorway at junction 29A and take 1st exit off roundabout (Markham Road). At next roundabout take 3rd exit (Markham Lane). Follow road to next roundabout and take 3rd exit (Markham Lane). At next roundabout take 2nd exit (A632). Follow road for approx 1 mile and, at roundabout, take 2nd exit (A632). Follow road for just under a mile into Bolsover and take right turn (Castle Street, brown signpost for Castle). Follow road to left hand bend and Castle is on right. Car parking available close to Castle entrance. From South (follow brown signs) Leave M1 motorway at junction 29A and take 3rd exit off roundabout (Markham Road). Follow road under M1 and, at roundabout go straight on. At next roundabout take 3rd exit (Markham Lane), then follow route from North. From East Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway. At roundabout take 4th exit (M1 North). Leave M1 at next junction (29A), then follow route from South From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights go straight on. At roundabout select middle lane and take 2nd exit (A632). Follow road, going straight on at traffic lights, for about 1 mile and, at traffic lights (Royal Hospital) go straight on. Follow road, going straight on at mini roundabout, for approx 1¼ miles to traffic lights and go straight on. At roundabout take 3rd exit (A632). Follow road for just under a mile into Bolsover and take right turn (Castle Street, brown signpost for Castle). Follow road to left hand bend and Castle is on right. Car parking available close to Castle entrance.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station Chesterfield 6 miles away.
Bus 1 or 1A from Chesterfield town centre, two each per hour.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.