Chesterfield Area Walking Festival is on the move! Following the Government’s announcement of the Road Map out of lockdown, we have decided to move the Walking Festival this year so that more people can take part. The new dates are Saturday 26 June to Sunday 4 July 2021.
Lockdown restrictions will have eased so come along and enjoy the Chesterfield Area on foot, getting up with the birds for a walk round Linacre Reservoirs, combining a walk with a boat trip along the Chesterfield Canal, or discovering the link between bumblebees and tomato sauce on the Great Big Bumblebee Safari.
Tickets will be available to book online from Tuesday 6 April 2021
Please book early to make sure you can get on your favourite walk. Booking is essential so please don’t turn up if you haven’t booked a ticket as you will be turned away on the day.
Most walks free of charge but must be booked in advance. Booking opens Tuesday 6 April 2021
- Disabled access - Check the individual walks to see if they are wheelchair friendly for independent or accompanied wheelchair users.
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Children welcome - Many walks welcome children but some walks are family friendly and have additional activities for children.
- Pushchairs available - Although pushchairs aren't available, some walks are pushchair friendly.
- Free Parking - Check each individual walk for details on parking.
- Parking with charge - Check each individual walk for details on parking.
- Dogs Accepted - Some walks allow dogs on a lead.
- Public toilets - Check the individual walks to see if they have toilets available en route.
|Season (26 June 2021 - 4 July 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||Open|
Map & Directions
Directions to the starting point for each walk are given on each individual walk, with postcodes for satnav users and full addresses.
Public Transport Directions
Information for each walk includes parking details . If you need details of buses for walks, please contact Chesterfield Visitor Information Centre (Tel: 01246 345777, Email: email@example.com)