AboutThis purpose built Visitor Information Centre will help you to make the most of your visit to the Chesterfield Area.
We have leaflets and posters on events, attractions, where to stay, where to eat, bus times and train times. We also sell a range of tickets - from theatre seats to local and national events such as Bakewell Show and Southport Flower Show.
Services on offer include:
Box office for Chesterfield Theatres (Pomegranate Theatre and Winding Wheel)
Accommodation booking (both locally and regionally)
National Express coach tickets
Seat booking for Mansfield Palace Theatre and Buxton Opera House
Ideas and information for days out
Day trip tickets for local coach companies
Advance tickets for local events (often cheaper than buying on the gate)
Sale of locally sourced gifts, souvenirs, postcards, walking books and maps
Are you looking for a different or unusual gift? Do you need a leaving present, or birthday present for someone who used to live in Chesterfield? Are you going to see family or friends overseas and need a present? Call in and see us!
- Welcome Host
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- French signs/guides
- German signs/guides
- Spanish signs/guides
- Dogs accepted
- Gift shop
- Smoking not allowed
- Children welcome
- Parking with charge
- Disabled access
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
|Season (11 July 2016 - 10 July 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- annieisathomeBudapestTrip Type:Friends getawayVery helpful staffMonday, 20th March 2017This is worth going in for if only for the audio guide of Chesterfield. I lived there for three years and still found out lots of things i didn't know! And it's free! Read full review
- TMTLTBMGSutton Coldfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesModern and well located.Thursday, 16th March 2017The tourist information centre is located next to the Parish Church with the twisted spire,so it is easy to find. Simply look skyward for the spire and head towards it! It's a modern accessible... Read full review
- LibbyM333Chesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayThank you..Sunday, 8th January 2017..for your kind, caring and efficient service. You may bookings and information gathering so simple and convenient. Read full review
Map & Directions
The Visitor Information Centre is a black building next to the 'Crooked Spire' Church and is close to several car parks. These directions are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select middle lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Select left hand lane and take first left (Beetwell Street). Multi-storey car park on right.
For surface car parks select right lane at 2nd roundabout and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right lane and at traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane). Take first left then left again into St Mary’s Gate car park.
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), then follow route from North/South.
Accessible by Public Transport: Chesterfield station is 0 miles away.