AboutThis purpose built Visitor Information Centre will help you to make the most of your visit to the Chesterfield Area.
We have leaflets and posters on events, attractions, where to stay, where to eat, bus times and train times. We also sell a range of tickets - from theatre seats to local and national events such as Bakewell Show and Southport Flower Show.
Services on offer include:
Box office for Chesterfield Theatres (Pomegranate Theatre and Winding Wheel)
Accommodation booking (both locally and regionally)
National Express coach tickets
Seat booking for Mansfield Palace Theatre and Buxton Opera House
Ideas and information for days out
Day trip tickets for local coach companies
Advance tickets for local events (often cheaper than buying on the gate)
Sale of locally sourced gifts, souvenirs, postcards, walking books and maps
Are you looking for a different or unusual gift? Do you need a leaving present, or birthday present for someone who used to live in Chesterfield? Are you going to see family or friends overseas and need a present? Call in and see us!
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Disabled access
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Children welcome
- French signs/guides
- German signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
|Season (4 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* General Opening Text
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- sarmar95Watchet, United KingdomTrip Type:Coupleslovely staffTuesday, 18th June 2019well informed lady and good gift shop of Chesterfield items. local information available and right next to the Crooked spire church. Read full review
- Janet YColytonNot made welcomeTuesday, 1st October 2019Called for general information. Felt I was a nuisance, but I did get grudging very short answers to my queries. Not the right attitude. Read full review
- Paul BChesterfield, United KingdomGood source of informationWednesday, 29th January 2020Staffed by pleasant and helpful people this is a good source of information for Chesterfield and North Derbyshire. Plenty of leaflets out forthcoming events Read full review
Map & Directions
The Visitor Information Centre is a black building next to the 'Crooked Spire' Church and is close to several car parks. These directions are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select middle lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Select left hand lane and take first left (Beetwell Street). Multi-storey car park on right.
For surface car parks select right lane at 2nd roundabout and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right lane and at traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane). Take first left then left again into St Mary’s Gate car park.
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), then follow route from North/South.
Accessible by Public Transport: Chesterfield station is 0 miles away.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station Chesterfield, 5 minute walk away
Any bus to Chesterfield town centre