Buxton Visitor Centre
The Buxton Visitor Centre, now situated in the beautiful Victorian Pump Room in the heart of the town, offers many services including advice on local attractions, walks and accommodation. A wide selection of guide, travel and history books are stocked, as well as many unique souvenirs and gifts and children’s novelties. Call in for your free town guide, Opera House brochure and leaflets on local attractions.
Services on offer include:
- Tickets for the fabulous Crescent Experience in the newly renovated Buxton Crescent Hotel. Enjoy a fascinating interactive tour, through 9 rooms, highlighting Buxton’s rich heritage, history and the story of its famed spa water.
- Enjoyment of the cool marble interior, stained glass windows and well of the pump room, opened in 1894. Read its history on informative panels.
- The opportunity to book the pump room for your own private event.
- The opportunity to book a Learn Buxton event/workshop for your school or group. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advice and guidebooks on local walks, attractions and our grand houses as well as our free Opera House programme.
- Tickets for varied talks and workshops run in the Pump Room, as scheduled.
- Distinctive glass bottles for sale, which you can fill with Buxton spa water from our own fountain.
- An eclectic selection of gifts including glass and ceramic souvenir bottles, David Mellor giftware, C.W. Sellors jewellery, high quality soaps and scarves and Buxton souvenirs including biscuits, fudge, preserves and tea towels.
- Information on accommodation and bus timetables.
- A dog friendly environment.
- Credit cards welcomed. No minimum.
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Facilities for groups
- Smoking not allowed
* Please check our website for current opening hours.
Minimum: Tues-Sat 10am -4.30pm, Sundays 10.30-4pm
Derbyshire school holidays and summer season, open 7 days a week.
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne A515, go straight over Fiveways traffic lights and up over the market place. Go down the hill and turn left after the pedestrian crossings. Pass the Crescent and then take the first right. The Old Hall Hotel is on the right hand corner.From Bakewell A6, turn left at Safeways roundabout and right at Fiveways traffic lights, then follow directions above. From A6 Manchester, turn right at the first roundabout under the viaduct. Then go straight over the next two roundabouts towards the station. Pass the station and go straight over the next roundabout and take the second left down Water Street before the A53. Pass the Opera House on your right and the centre is on the left hand sideFrom A53/ A54/ A537, go straight over traffic lights on to St John's Rd. Branch right down Water Street just before the church. Turn right past the Opera House and the centre is on your left.Nearest station is Buxton. Turn right out of station and then follow directions from Manchester. Local bus transport from Manchester, Derby and Sheffield