We are the main Information Centre for exploring the southern Peak District. Contact Ashbourne's modern office where our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you to make the most of your visit or pop in to pick up guidebooks, brochures, maps, event information, gifts and souvenirs or just our local knowledge!
Ashbourne is one of Derbyshire's finest and most vibrant market towns with a wealth of historic buidings, high quality shops and places to eat. Explore the town with one of our mini guide leaflets or during the summer take a free guided tour with an experienced local guide. The guided walks start at the VIC every Thursday and Saturday at 11.00am.
We provide a comprehensive range of services including discounted Alton Towers tickets, pre show tickets for many local agricultural shows, festivals, theatre tickets and tokens too. We can help with advice on the local buses and sell Derbyhire Wayfarer tickets.
The Visitor Information Centre where possible supports local businesses and sells a range of gifts and souvenirs locally produced. Locally baked Ashbourne Gingerbread, pottery, glass, candles, cards and crafts. Plus a great range of maps, walking, local guides and interest books to help you make the most of your visit.,
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Disabled access
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Children welcome
- 1m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Guided tours for groups - We offer FREE guided walks on Thursdays and Saturday from May - September. Outside of these days, we can see if we have a guide available for you.
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Venue approved for civil marriage
- Wedding receptions
- Parking with charge
- Dogs Accepted - We are very dog friendly in the Information Centre, as well as some of the shops in Ashbourne too. Please do bring your dogs in to see us for a biscuit!
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals - We offer FREE guided tours on Thursdays and Saturdays from May - September. Outside of these days, we can see if we have guides available to meet your needs.
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Monday - Friday 10am - 3pm. Closed weekends.
Map & Directions
Located behind the Town Hall on Town Hall Yard. From Buxton A515, proceed down the hill into Ashbourne, the Town Hall is on the left hand side. From Derby A52, go straight over the traffic lights onto Compton, then Dig Street. Turn right at the junction and up the hill signposted Buxton. The Town Hall is on the right hand side. From Lichfield A515, head into Ashbourne and at the traffic lights, turn left into Compton and follow the directions above. From Matlock, take the A6 through Matlock Bath and turn right at the traffic lights onto the B5035. Stay on this road until it becomes King Street and at the junction with the A515, turn left, the Town Hall is on the left. Car parking (pay and display) is available on the Market Place opposite the Town Hall.
The nearest railway station is Derby, which is 14 miles away.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest mainline rail station is Derby 14 miles away.
National Express operate regular services to Derby
There is a regular bus service from Derby and Uttoxetter rail and buus station