Ashbourne Historical Centre and Information Point.
We are a museum containing historic artefacts covering the rich tapestry of Ashbourne. These are thematic with changing exhibits throughout the year. Our opening hours are Monday to Saturday, 10am till 3pm (closed Thursday & Sunday)
We stock a selection of leaflets on Ashbourne, the surrounding area and the county
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Children welcome
- 1m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Dogs Accepted - We are very dog friendly in the Information Centre, as well as some of the shops in Ashbourne too. Please do bring your dogs in to see us for a biscuit!
- Smoking not allowed
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Our opening hours are Monday to Saturday, 10am till 3pm (closed Thursday & Sunday)
Map & Directions
Located behind the Town Hall on Town Hall Yard. From Buxton A515, proceed down the hill into Ashbourne, the Town Hall is on the left hand side. From Derby A52, go straight over the traffic lights onto Compton, then Dig Street. Turn right at the junction and up the hill signposted Buxton. The Town Hall is on the right hand side. From Lichfield A515, head into Ashbourne and at the traffic lights, turn left into Compton and follow the directions above. From Matlock, take the A6 through Matlock Bath and turn right at the traffic lights onto the B5035. Stay on this road until it becomes King Street and at the junction with the A515, turn left, the Town Hall is on the left. Car parking (pay and display) is available on the Market Place opposite the Town Hall.
The nearest railway station is Derby, which is 14 miles away.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest mainline rail station is Derby 14 miles away.
National Express operate regular services to Derby
There is a regular bus service from Derby and Uttoxetter rail and buus station