AboutTreak Cliff Cavern is an Underground Wonderland of stalactites and stalagmites, rocks, minerals and fossils, and Home to the unique Blue John Stone!
With an App previously downloaded onto your Smart phone, you follow a marked route through the cavern, with the information delivered to your phone via Blue tooth beacons as you move along.
Our tours are designed to meet the new Good To Go standard introduced by Visit Britain after the Corona-virus lock-down. Entry times and online booking limit slots to your group only, so you can have peace of mind you can be socially distanced, enabling you to focus on the stunning cave and the great audio tour we have prepared. The walking tour lasts around 1 hour and there will be opportunities for stopping, photography and making the most of the journey.
We’re located within some of the Peak District’s most beautiful countryside. You can take in the breathtaking views from nearby, world-famous Mam Tor or visit the charming village of Castleton which is within walking distance.
Children under 5 are FREE and do not need to have tickets. Please let us know if you intend to bring more than 4 children under 5 for any given slot so we can manage capacity. Be aware we are on a steep hillside so there is no wheelchair access to or inside the Cavern, and some areas underground are low and narrow. At least one adult (18+) MUST be present for insurance policies, so please only book if there is an adult in your party. We look forward to welcoming you!
Before you arrive, please download the Situate app from the App store then:
1. select the Treak Cliff Cavern app
2. enter the App and go to Settings - the icon is 3 small bars usually in the top left or top right of the screen
3. select 'keep awake' or 'keep open' depending on the type of phone
4. turn on blue tooth
5. you can read about Treak Cliff Cavern in advance of your visit
REMEMBER you may want to bring a portable power bank, headphones or Bluetooth earpiece to use with your smartphone or tablet when you come to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you !!
Cancel within 14 days of the event and receive 100% refund. No refund within 14 days. In the unlikely scenario we have to cancel, you'll receive all your money back.
What to bring
What to bring
- Warm Clothing - The temperature inside the Cavern is a constant 11 degrees Centigrade, which can feel very cold, or occasionally less cold compared with the outside seasonal temperature !!!
- Waterproofs - Water drips from the cavern ceilings all the time,but you should dress for the weather conditions at the time of your visit, because the Entrance is on a steep exposed hillside, 10 minutes climb from the car park.