AboutVisit an underground wonderland of stalactites and stalagmites, rocks, minerals and fossils. Home of the unique mineral Blue John stone, including the largest piece ever found - still in-situ. Events include an Easter Egg Hunt, Carols by Candlelight and Polish Your Own Blue John Stone activity. If you have mobility problems, please ask for our Accessibility Information Leaflet.
Children (5 to 15 Yrs) £5.20
Under 5's are free
Discounted Prices are as Follows:
Student And YHA members (with card) £8.50
Senior Citizen £8.50
Must be in reciept of state pension
Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) £26.00
Extra children £4.70
Dogs are welcome on a lead
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- French signs/guides
- Italian signs/guides
- Dogs accepted
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
|2017 (27 Dec 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Open daily from 10.00am except as follows:
Closed 24th, 25th & 26th December
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good96
- JacquibairdVisit with a toddler!!!Wednesday, 18th January 2017I used to visit this cavern when I was little. I have waited patiently until my three year old son was old enough to visit and appreciate what we were experiencing. My husband has also never been... Read full review
- Nikoletta BTrip Type:Couplesawesome spotTuesday, 17th January 2017We were looking for something to do in rainy afternoon it was the best we can do really. So interesting and entertaining tour, lovely and friendly staff. Thanks so much for the great afternoon. Read full review
- Sophie HGreat in the rain!Sunday, 15th January 2017We were unable to go walking due to the weather and this was the perfect rainy day activity! The guide Katie was funny and informative, and the caves were brilliant. Would definitely recommend! Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1 Junc 29 to Chesterfield. Follow brown tourist signs for Chatsworth until you reach Baslow. Then follow signs for Grindleford & Hathersage. At the T junction in Hathersage turn left on to A6187 and remain on that road to Castleton, and follow brown tourist signs for Treak Cliff Cavern.
From Sheffield - A625 to Hathersage. A6187 to Castleton.
By bus No. 272 to Castleton.
From Manchester - Follow A6 signposted Buxton to Chapel-en-le-Frith then use A625 to Castleton. Follow signpost for 'Castleton Caverns'.