AboutVisit an underground wonderland of stalactites and stalagmites, rocks, minerals and fossils. Home of the unique mineral Blue John stone, including the largest piece ever found - still in-situ. Events include an Easter Egg Hunt, Carols by Candlelight and Polish Your Own Blue John Stone activity. If you have mobility problems, please ask for our Accessibility Information Leaflet.
Children (5 to 15 Yrs) £5.20
Under 5's are free
Discounted Prices are as Follows:
Student And YHA members (with card) £8.50
Senior Citizen £8.50
Must be in reciept of state pension
Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) £26.00
Extra children £4.70
Dogs are welcome on a lead
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- French signs/guides
- Italian signs/guides
- Dogs accepted
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
|2017 (27 Dec 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Open daily from 10.00am except as follows:
Closed 24th, 25th & 26th December
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good97
- Litsa MLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFun!Monday, 20th February 2017Lots of stalactites and different chambers to visit. Can see plenty of Blue John stone embedded in the cave. Great guide! Read full review
- blakey063London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe Best Cave to Visti in CastletonSaturday, 18th February 2017Been to the other caves in the area except for Speedwell but thought this was the best. Not only do you see a man made mine with a massive amount of Blue John in place but you are then taken into a... Read full review
- dumlesWelwyn Garden City, United KingdomWowThursday, 16th February 2017Money well spent. My 9 year old son loved these caves. The tour guide was so kind to him letting him use his torch to see the different colours in the veins of blue John . Beautiful, fascinating... Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1 Junc 29 to Chesterfield. Follow brown tourist signs for Chatsworth until you reach Baslow. Then follow signs for Grindleford & Hathersage. At the T junction in Hathersage turn left on to A6187 and remain on that road to Castleton, and follow brown tourist signs for Treak Cliff Cavern.
From Sheffield - A625 to Hathersage. A6187 to Castleton.
By bus No. 272 to Castleton.
From Manchester - Follow A6 signposted Buxton to Chapel-en-le-Frith then use A625 to Castleton. Follow signpost for 'Castleton Caverns'.