Open for pre booked special events on Fridays through the summer
And from September 20 2021 Open for pre booked Collections Tours
Come and explore our unique collections, learn to identify the oldest items, see the lavish dinner services made for American millionaires and feel how light our amazing eggshell tea cups are. Get hands on with key items usually kept in cabinets and see the exquisite pattern books from the earliest days of the factory. You can also browse our exhibition which explores the history of Royal Crown Derby and highlights some of the most interesting stories from our collections which date back to 1750, the earliest days of porcelain production in Derby.
Come and see behind the scenes at our family business, meet our artisan makers and discover the magic of making. A unique hands on factory tour experience where you discover how Royal Crown Derby is lovingly produced. Watch our artisan makers at work and be part of the process, trying out some of the skills needed to create beautiful porcelain items.
Friday experiences priced at £15 per person
- Disabled access - There is access to our free museum and to factory tours, however the collections tours are on the second floor. We are happy to do our best to bring a collections tour to you round the fountain on the ground floor but you will not be able to see our full collections.
- Disabled toilets
- On-site light refreshments
- 1m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Online booking possible
- Guided tours for groups
- Free Parking
- Guided tours for individuals
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Adult Exclusive
* Our free museum remains closed till September however we are offering private tours on Fridays over the summer 2021
Please check our website for updates
Map & Directions
5 minutes from Derby City Centre, 10 mins from train station. Royal Crown Derby is on the A514 opposite the Derby Royal Infirmary follow the brown signs.
Public Transport Directions
Accessible by Public Transport: Derby station is 10 mins walk away.