Renishaw Hall and Gardens have been home to the Sitwell family for almost 400 years. The present owner, Alexandra Sitwell, welcomes you to visit her home.
The Gardens are Italian in design and were laid out over 100 years ago by Sir George Sitwell, Bt.
The formal grounds are divided into areas featuring clipped yew hedges, intriguing sculpture, ornamental ponds and classical statues. These areas host a superb collection of plants which flower throughout the season.
The borders of the Middle Lawn were recently replanted to a design by RHS Chelsea Award Winner, Arne Maynard.
The Visit Peak District garden - designed by Lee Bestall - was transported and established at Renishaw in 2017, after winning silver-gilt at the first RHS Chatsworth flower show.
The wider grounds comprise acres of parkland and lakes to explore.
Renishaw Hall is still very much a family home which adds to its unique atmosphere. A tour of the Hall – available on Fridays throughout the open season and additionally at weekends in August – allows visitors to see the spectacular collection of art and furniture acquired by generations of Sitwells.
Private group Hall tours are available throughout the year, advance booking is essential.
Located in the attractive Stable Block is the stylish Café at Renishaw Hall, offering homemade seasonal dishes and cakes, and award-winning Renishaw Hall wine, produced from grapes grown on site (vineyard tours on selected Sundays in season).
The Sitwell Museum displays items relating to the incredible story of the 'Sitwell Trio' - Edith, Osbert and Sacheverell - and an exhibition covering the wider history of the garden and Hall.
The visitor centre – from where visitors enter / exit the gardens – has Renishaw Hall's National GB Award Winning Wines, Guidebooks, Maps, and Souvenirs to buy, with helpful staff on hand to make the most of your visit.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Garden Adult admission||£8.00 per adult|
|Garden Child admission||£3.50 per child|
|Garden Concession admission||£7.00 per concession|
|Hall Tour Adult||£14.50 per adult|
|Hall Tour Child||£8.00 per child|
|Hall Tour Concession||£13.50 per concession|
Children under 5 - free entry to Gardens and Hall.
Hall Tour prices include garden admission
Family tickets available.
Discounts for HHA and RHS card holders; excluding some events.
Please contact 01246 432310
- Visit England VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site - There is a small picnic area to the side of the coach parking. Please feel free to picnic in the car park, but note that there are no public bins onsite.
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs on leads are allowed in the Gardens only.
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals - Public Hall Tours take place on Fridays during the season. Pre-booking is advisable.
- Onsite Catering
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Renishaw Hall is open Wednesday - Sunday and Bank Holidays from 10.30am until the end of November.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good112
- Karen HSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDownhillSunday, 3rd October 2021Regular visitors here but losing faith Food was slow to arrive - too salty and waiting staff looked confused and disinterested Sad Read full review
- antano2013Leicester, United KingdomGreat value visit.Friday, 15th October 2021We visited here on an autumn day and thought it was a lovely place! In contrast to National Trust places, the gardens were a bargain and the cafe was really good value too. Due to Covid, the hall... Read full review
- Andrew BLincoln, United KingdomA last visit of the season - fabulous autumn colour - fantastic place to visitMonday, 15th November 2021Sadly, the gardens are now closed for the winter but we managed our last visit of the year on the closing weekend in mid November. Plenty of parking and before going in the gardens we enjoyed a... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 motorway at junction 30 and take A6135 (signposted Renishaw). Follow road for approx 2 miles, passing through village of Renishaw. Pass Sitwell Arms Hotel on right and follow road for just under a mile, turning left onto B6053. Take first left turning onto drive to Hall.
From East Follow A617 to M1 motorway roundabout and take 4th exit (M1 north). Leave M1 at junction 30 and follow route from North/South.
From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select right hand lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select left lane and take 2nd exit (A617). In approx 4 miles reach M1 motorway roundabout and take 1st exit (M1 north). Leave M1 at junction 30 and follow route from North/South.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train staion Chesterfield, 8 miles away.
Bus number 53 or 53A from Sheffield Interchange stops at the bottom of the hall drive approximately every 2 hours. There is quite a long walk up the hill to the Hall.