AboutLet us make your challenge a grand day out... Welcome to Ranger Expeditions' original Peak District 3 Peaks Challenge. Our walk takes in the summits of Black Hill, Bleaklow and Kinder Scout. Discover glorious and remote high moorland, gritstone edges and the spectacular Kinder Downfall waterfall, all along classic and historic trails.
This Open Group challenge is fully supported and guided by experienced local Mountain Leaders. Includes…
Transport from meeting point in Hayfield to the start of the walk. Support vehicle with snacks, sandwiches, refreshments and drinks at two locations on the route. Pre-event notes and advice to help you make the most from your challenge.
You walk, fund raise if you wish, we'll take care of the rest.
Also available: We regularly arrange special exclusive days for company teams and charity groups.
NOTE - With your health and safety in mind, in 2022 we'll continue with providing pre-packaged food and snacks at the picnic stops. If you’ve got any questions on the steps we’ve taken, just drop us a message
(Ranger Expeditions is a trading name and our staff are not employed by or affiliated to the National Park Authority ranger service. Activities run by the National Park ranger service will be clearly identified in any event listings)
Itinerary for the day
07:00 Meet at car park 07:30 Private transport to start of walk 08:30 Start walk Summit Black Hill (3km) On route refreshments (12km) Summit Bleaklow (17km) On route refreshments (21km) Summit Kinder Scout (30km) 18:30 Appox time finish in Hayfield village (34km)
Total ascent 970 metres
50% refund on cancellation up to 28 days before the event
- Drink Provided - Tea, coffee, soft drinks, water refill, at two on route locations
- Food Provided - Snacks, sandwiches, baps and fruit at two on route locations (veggie options too).
- Transport Provided - Transport included from Hayfield meeting point to the start of the walk. Our challenge finishes back in Hayfield village
What to bring
What to bring
- Drink - Minimum 1 litre
- Food - Guests should begin with personal snacks sufficient for the start of walk to first picnic refreshment stop at lunchtime.
- Warm Clothing - Fleece, hat, gloves, trekking trousers - not denim (plus sunhat, sunglasses & sun cream if really nice weather).
- Waterproofs - Jacket and over trousers