At Pure Outdoor our mission is to provide world-class training and outdoor experiences that are safe, accessible and enjoyable by providing quality innovative training and inspiring adventures.
Since 2006, Pure Outdoor have proudly delivered Hillwalking, Navigation, Rock Climbing, Caving and Group Events from our base in the village of Bamford in the Peak District.
Book Online and enjoy a fun, friendly, professional and personalised approach to outdoor learning from skilled instructors.
We boast excellent facilities on our Peak District courses from our dedicated outdoor training centre which provides a unique facility for all customers to enjoy. Our aim is to provide high quality, low instructor/client ratio courses which are accessible to all. Pure Outdoor is located in a wonderful setting in the heart of the Peak District National Park and benefits from the unrivalled natural facilities of the surrounding hills & mountains. We have a strong team all working together to ensure your experience is welcoming and relaxed. Our instructors are amongst the most experienced, committed and competent outdoor enthusiasts you could hope to meet and it is their talents that make your visit so enjoyable and memorable.
Knowing what our customers think is very important to us and helps us to maintain the highest standards. We encourage everyone to provide feedback, written or verbal. Course review forms are given to all participants and there is always someone at reception to receive verbal comments. Our promise is to provide the highest quality experience whilst staying with us and whilst participating on our broad range of adventurous skills, coaching or leadership courses.
From £35 to £500
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Experience of the Year Gold Award 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good11
- Mitchell SMilti Pitch and Crack Climbing ImproversSaturday, 7th November 2020Guided Days to improve rock climbing technique Day 1 with Guy on Multi Pitch at Lawrence Field. A bit of a wet day and one where my technique was all over compared to normal. But we did a great how... Read full review
- D4593DGalexanderfHigh calibre guide/tutorMonday, 7th December 2020This was our second ride as part of a MTB leadership qualification course. Our tutor Mark inspired great confidence and helped to make a cold and wet day a really enjoyable experience. The route... Read full review
- Mark ILeicester, United KingdomSnow. That was a surprise.Monday, 7th December 2020A well structured day that did all that was expected of Pure Outdoor and checked us out professionally on our skills. The weather produced snow. Our group were being assessed for the Level 2 MTB... Read full review
Map & Directions
We are based in The Adventure Hub (Bamford) which is just off the main road running through the Hope Valley between Castleton and Hathersage. Our location puts us in the heart of the Peak National Park and has ideal access to all the areas from which we deliver our courses and training. The Adventure Hub is based within Hope Valley Garden Centre itself, however it does have its own driveway off the main road.
Directions from Hathersage/Bamford Drive towards Castleton, pass Sickleholme Petrol Station on your right. A few hundred metres down the road, after you go over a small bridge you will see The Adventure Hub sign on your right at the end of the drive. The driveway looks like is one way-traffic, this is not the case, the road markings are old and due to be updated. Directions from Hope From Hope, drive towards Hathersage/Bamford. Drive past the Travellers Rest pub then after about 500m you will pass the main entrance for Hope Valley Garden Centre. 100m after you will see the Adventure Hub sign on your left at the end of the drive. The driveway looks like is one way-traffic, this is not the case, the road markings are old and due to be updated. Public Transport We are a 10 minute walk from Bamford Railway Station. Head of Mytham Bridge and then take a right at the end of the road and you will see us on the right. Also http://www.traveline.info/ has bus information, ‘Shatton Lane' is the nearest bus stop. Postcode This postcode is a guide, but does not take you exactly to The Adventure Hub. S33 0AL. Please follow the directions above. Even better, type the Lat Long coordinates into your sat nav, (53.340239, -1.693461).