AboutDiscover Poole’s Cavern, Buxton’s Hidden Wonder.
Take a Journey beneath the earth with our expert guides, explore the vast Limestone caverns and see how crystal Stalactites and Stalagmites have lined the chambers over millions of years.
Back above ground explore the beautiful country park woodlands and complete your day with a stroll to Grin Low and Solomon’s Temple viewpoint with superb views of the Peak District. Or for a more extreme experience try GO APE high wire tree top adventure. Taste the Peak in the Cavern café with meals or snacks, cakes and coffee served all day. We also have picnic areas and safe play area for children and toddlers. We are open every day, see you soon.
Grin Low Country Park
Explore beautiful woodland trails leading to Solomon's Temple viewpoint, or for a more extreme adventure try out Go Ape high wire course.
Poole's Cavern Cafe
The café serves refreshments, snacks and light meals. Separate room for group/school use and wet weather picnic room. Dogs are permitted in the visitor centre and café.
Adult Ticket £9.00, Child (5 - 16 years) £5
Concession Ticket £8.00, Family Ticket £25
Group discount available for 10 or more.
- Visit England VistEngland VAQAS 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Accepts groups
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Guided tours mandatory
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- Picnic site
- Parking with charge
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Disabled toilets
* OPEN DAILY except Christmas Day Boxing Day and New Years Day
Guided tours leave the Visitor Centre every 20 minutes.
Last entry 3.45pm
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good316
- Wendy RBuxton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat fo children and AdultsThursday, 19th January 2017Walk upto Solomon's Temple for fantastic views of the surrounding area, woods to walk through, followed by a trip down Poole's Cavern and excellent food in the café. Added advantage sit and watch the... Read full review
- 257brianDerbyshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazingWednesday, 18th January 2017Certainly well worth a visit we took our Grandaughters who at the time where 9 and 7. They found it very interesting and magical. Wrap up warm, you would enjoy it better. Read full review
- Lewis-reedTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant Guide and Very Interesting ExperienceSaturday, 14th January 2017Visited midweek so our tour group was small, our guide Ashley with brilliant, he made the tour funny and very interesting. The cavern itself is incredible, we will definitely be visiting again! Read full review
Map & Directions
Poole's Cavern is a 20 minute walk from Buxton Railway Station and Bus Station. From the Crescent and Tourist Information Centre follow Broad Walk and Temple Road to Green Lane and The Cavern.
By road follow the brown tourist signs from A6, A515 or A53 to Green Lane. Pay and display car park for 80 vehicles priced at £1.50 for 4 hours, or £3.00 all day. Level access to visitor centre.
There is no public transport bus route direct to Poole's Cavern.
The nearest railway station is Buxton, which is 1 mile away.