AboutDiscover Poole’s Cavern, Buxton’s Hidden Wonder.
Take a Journey beneath the earth with our expert guides, explore the vast Limestone caverns and see how crystal Stalactites and Stalagmites have lined the chambers over millions of years.
Back above ground explore the beautiful country park woodlands and complete your day with a stroll to Grin Low and Solomon’s Temple viewpoint with superb views of the Peak District. Or for a more extreme experience try GO APE high wire tree top adventure. Taste the Peak in the Cavern café with meals or snacks, cakes and coffee served all day. We also have picnic areas and safe play area for children and toddlers. We are open every day, see you soon.
Grin Low Country Park
Explore beautiful woodland trails leading to Solomon's Temple viewpoint, or for a more extreme adventure try out Go Ape high wire course.
Poole's Cavern Cafe
The café serves refreshments, snacks and light meals. Separate room for group/school use and wet weather picnic room. Dogs are permitted in the visitor centre and café.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Poole's Cavern tour||from £6.80 to £14.50 per adult|
Adult Ticket £14.50, Child (5 - 16 years) £6.80
Concession Ticket £12.00 Family Ticket £37.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Refill Scheme
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit - there will be a maximum of 10 people on each cavern tour
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (provided)
- Face masks available for visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Facilities must be booked
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
- French signs/guides
- German signs/guides
- Mandarin signs/guides
- Spanish signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs Accepted - For safety we cannot allow dogs on the cavern tour. The country park woods are ideal for dog walking.
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours mandatory
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
* Open daily, Winter weekdays tours at 10.30, 220.127.116.11, 1.30, 2.30 weekends 10am to 4pm.
March to October open daily 9.30 to 5pm. Check booking page for tour times.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good543
- 453barryfSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat Cave - super value for moneyMonday, 19th September 2022Poole's Cavern is much bigger than you realise and the tour was very informative, funny and educational. All ages in our group were engaged and the rock formations really are spectacular. Read full review
- marthasH9397HOTrip Type:CouplesWell worth a visitTuesday, 27th September 2022Our tour of Poole's cavern was very interesting and educational. Our tour guide Lucas did a great job and made the information fun and easy to listen to. Definitely recommend to anyone visiting the... Read full review
- mgodfreybuildersWisbech, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell Worth a VisitWednesday, 28th September 2022The guided tour with David our guide. Who made it a most memorable visit. We also enjoyed the homemade cakes and beverages in the visitor centre cafe. Read full review
Map & Directions
Poole's Cavern is a 20 minute walk from Buxton Railway Station and Bus Station. From the Crescent and Tourist Information Centre follow Broad Walk and Temple Road to Green Lane and The Cavern.
By road follow the brown tourist signs from A6, A515 or A53 to Green Lane. Pay and display car park for 80 vehicles priced at £1.50 for 4 hours, or £3.00 all day. Level access to visitor centre.
There is no public transport bus route direct to Poole's Cavern.
The nearest railway station is Buxton, which is 1 mile away.
- Pooles Cavern & Country Park