AboutDiscover Poole’s Cavern, Buxton’s Hidden Wonder.
Take a Journey beneath the earth with our expert guides, explore the vast Limestone caverns and see how crystal Stalactites and Stalagmites have lined the chambers over millions of years.
Back above ground explore the beautiful country park woodlands and complete your day with a stroll to Grin Low and Solomon’s Temple viewpoint with superb views of the Peak District. Or for a more extreme experience try GO APE high wire tree top adventure. Taste the Peak in the Cavern café with meals or snacks, cakes and coffee served all day. We also have picnic areas and safe play area for children and toddlers. We are open every day, see you soon.
Grin Low Country Park
Explore beautiful woodland trails leading to Solomon's Temple viewpoint, or for a more extreme adventure try out Go Ape high wire course.
Poole's Cavern Cafe
The café serves refreshments, snacks and light meals. Separate room for group/school use and wet weather picnic room. Dogs are permitted in the visitor centre and café.
Adult Ticket £12.50, Child (5 - 16 years) £6.00
Concession Ticket £10.00 Family Ticket £32
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit - there will be a maximum of 10 people on each cavern tour
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (provided)
- Face masks available for visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Facilities must be booked
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- French signs/guides
- German signs/guides
- Spanish signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs Accepted - For safety we cannot allow dogs on the cavern tour. The country park woods are ideal for dog walking.
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours mandatory
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
* Open daily from May 17th Tours must be pre-booked online. Tours start every 30 mins from 10am to 4.30 pm daily.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good521
- richardmP1661JVSwindon, United KingdomA great tour of an amazing natural wonderSunday, 25th July 2021The cavern tour was very intersting and we had an excellent guide. There was a lot of informamation given and the interesting formations in the cavern were fascinating. A great tour and well worth it. Read full review
- vanessac32Derby, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice tourMonday, 26th July 2021Pleasant tour of the caverns. Tour guide Elliott was really good and the tour was interesting. Caverns are impressive and tour takes about 45minutes. Lovely and cool on what was a hot day... Read full review
- RaynesMarkWimbledonNo Cheddar Gorge but a pleasant morning in the countrysideWednesday, 28th July 2021This is not an extensive cave by any means and is no Cheddar Gorge or Wookey Hole. However the location is beautiful and the cave guides knowledgeable and entertaining. The caves are pretty enough... Read full review
Map & Directions
Poole's Cavern is a 20 minute walk from Buxton Railway Station and Bus Station. From the Crescent and Tourist Information Centre follow Broad Walk and Temple Road to Green Lane and The Cavern.
By road follow the brown tourist signs from A6, A515 or A53 to Green Lane. Pay and display car park for 80 vehicles priced at £1.50 for 4 hours, or £3.00 all day. Level access to visitor centre.
There is no public transport bus route direct to Poole's Cavern.
The nearest railway station is Buxton, which is 1 mile away.
- Pooles Cavern & Country Park