Peak Walking adventures offers guided walking and navigation days in the beautiful Peak District. Walk guides, Rachel Bolton and Richard Tower, are friendly and professional leaders who offer Guided Walks for individuals, couples, friends, families and groups. Walks are at a variety of levels to suit everyone’s ability and fitness. Their overall aim is to ensure people have a great day out in the hills. They also hope to educate participants in the local environment, inspire people to get out in the countryside, feel a sense of achievement and wellbeing and to have fun!
Popular walking venues include the Dark Peak, Kinder Scout, Bleaklow, the Millstone Edges and Castleton and the Great Ridge. In the White Peak, walks include the Derbyshire Dales, Matlock, Wirksworth, Carsington and Dovedale. Rachel and Richard hold up to date outdoor first aid qualifications and civil liability insurance for guiding walks. They are both qualified Summer Mountain Leaders. They take care of all the organisation and route finding enabling participants to safely enjoy their walk.
Rachel and Richard are qualified trainers offering National Navigation Award Scheme Bronze and Silver courses and 'Navigation Discovery Days' for those wanting a relaxed introduction to map reading.
They also offer more challenging Trek Training Walks for participants who want to gain fitness and stamina to undertake a longer trek such as Everest Base Camp or Kilimanjaro. Challenge Walks in the Peak District such as the White Peak Challenge walk and the Edale Skyline are also available.
Rachel’s background was in primary school teaching and Richard taught younger children as a qualified sailing instructor. Both welcome children along on some suitable walks ( accompanied by an adult ) and are able to tailor the day to support childrens' interests and aspirations.
Both Rachel and Richard offer Private Guiding Days where the participant chooses an area of interest and then a walk is devised together.
Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed on the walks.
Prices start at £38 per person for places on 'open group' walks to £150 per day for private guiding.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
What to bring
What to bring
- Drink - Information provided when you book
- Food - Information provided when you book
- Warm Clothing - Information provided when you book
- Waterproofs - Information provided when you book
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- COVID-19 measures in place - For further information on our Covid-19 measures please visit our website: www.peakwalking.com
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed - For further information on our Covid-19 measures please visit our website: www.peakwalking.com
- Guided tours for groups
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs) - Dogs may be accepted on private guided walks for families, subject to agreement with the walk leader.
- Countryside - Our walks take place on moorlands and hills in the Peak District and Derbyshire. Occasionally, we operate walks in the moors and mountains of Wales, North Yorkshire, the Lake District and Scotland.
- Accepts groups
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* For available dates, please see the 'walking calendar' on the main website of Peak Walking Adventures.