AboutDiscover aircraft history in the Dark Peak and the stories of the aviators. Respectful visits to the lesser known RAF Mk4 Sabres and US B24J Liberator crash sites. Guided in small groups by experienced local Hayfield Mountain Leader & former professional aerospace engineer. This is also a picnic walk – you bring your favourite sandwiches, we’ll bring the hot drinks and snacks. 16km (appx 10 miles) over moorland terrain.
(Ranger Expeditions is a trading name and our staff are not employed by or affiliated to the National Park Authority ranger service. Activities run by the National Park ranger service will be clearly identified in any event listings)
Walking in a small group on a mix of defined and moorland trails.
Some hills and undulating terrain underfoot, at a relaxed pace.
Time to savour scenic photo opportunities and unusual viewpoints.
Picnic lunch stope, where we'll brew up for tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
50% refund on cancellation up to 28 days before the event
- Drink Provided - Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits
What to bring
What to bring
- Drink - Water or soft drink (min one and half litre for the day)
- Food - Sandwiches etc for picnic lunch
- Warm Clothing - Including a warm mid-layer and hat. Jeans are not suitable for this walk.
- Waterproofs - Including waterproof hood