Enjoy riding in the attractive surroundings of Matlock Farm Park, with views over to Riber Castle. Scenic farmland, adjoining beautiful forests and a new purpose built arena provide extensive riding facilities, there is no need to ride on roads.
Friendly Horses and Well Trained Staff:
There is a good selection of well mannered horses and ponies to suit all ages and abilities.
Fully qualified instructors are available for group or private individual lessons. If you would like a lesson or to go pony trekking, then booking is essential.
Although lessons are great for beginners, a basic knowledge is required for Trekking and Hacks. Lessons are available every weekend and most days in the week – Prior Booking is Essential.
The Advantages of Horse Riding:
Riding is one of Britain’s fastest growing sports.
It is great for fitness and posture, as well as improving confidence and emotional well-being. There’s no better feeling than to be at one riding with your horse!
It is a great outdoor hobby to have.
Taking up riding is a great way to meet new friends with a mutual interest. A lot of our old pupils (now with their own horses) regularly go riding together.
It is a great work ethic for kids and teenagers.
One Hour £30
Two Hour £50
Half Hour £20
Special offer: 4 x lessons for £100 (when paid in advance)
NEW: PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN OFFER – A pony riding experience for 4-5 year olds in our arena £12 (weekdays, term time only). 3 year olds may be able to ride, following an assessment by our instructors.
All prices include FREE entry into Matlock Farm Park for the rider for the day. Private lessons and hacks available. Discounts available for group bookings.
Payment cash or credit card. Booking essential. 24 hour cancellation required.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site catering - We have a popular, licensed cafe serving delicious home made food, snacks and drinks. We also have a coffee shop in our Rainforest play barn.
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Free Parking
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Please check our website for opening hours.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good255
- lisatU7089IVTrip Type:Family1st visit to Matlock Farm ParkSunday, 18th September 2022This was our first visit to Matlock Park Farm and it was a great surprise. We wasn’t sure what to expect but was pleased to see how nice it was. The layout was lovely to walk around having stops off... Read full review
- SparkyjcsTrip Type:FamilyPerfect, just one minor criticismMonday, 26th September 2022Absolutely brilliant place to visit, lots to see and do and very interactive. Went with our 3 1/2 year old and to have see her riding a pony was fantastic she loved it. Only minor criticism is for... Read full review
- Dreamer61860112871Trip Type:FamilyAmazing daySunday, 2nd October 2022We came as a family of 4 ..price was better than I thought it would be ..immaculately clean farm .animals clean & well looked after. They had plenty of food and water. Friendly animals. Brought... Read full review
Map & Directions
The nearest railway station is Matlock, which is 1 mile away.
- Matlock Farm Park