Enjoy riding in the attractive surroundings of Matlock Farm Park, with views over to Riber Castle. Scenic farmland, adjoining beautiful forests and a new purpose built arena provide extensive riding facilities, there is no need to ride on roads.
Friendly Horses and Well Trained Staff:
There is a good selection of well mannered horses and ponies to suit all ages and abilities.
Fully qualified instructors are available for group or private individual lessons. If you would like a lesson or to go pony trekking, then booking is essential.
Although lessons are great for beginners, a basic knowledge is required for Trekking and Hacks. Lessons are available every weekend and most days in the week – Prior Booking is Essential.
The Advantages of Horse Riding:
Riding is one of Britain’s fastest growing sports.
It is great for fitness and posture, as well as improving confidence and emotional well-being. There’s no better feeling than to be at one riding with your horse!
It is a great outdoor hobby to have.
Taking up riding is a great way to meet new friends with a mutual interest. A lot of our old pupils (now with their own horses) regularly go riding together.
It is a great work ethic for kids and teenagers.
One Hour £30
Two Hour £50
Half Hour £20
Special offer: 4 x lessons for £100 (when paid in advance)
NEW: PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN OFFER – A pony riding experience for 4-5 year olds in our arena £12 (weekdays, term time only). 3 year olds may be able to ride, following an assessment by our instructors.
All prices include FREE entry into Matlock Farm Park for the rider for the day. Private lessons and hacks available. Discounts available for group bookings.
Payment cash or credit card. Booking essential. 24 hour cancellation required.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site catering - We have a popular, licensed cafe serving delicious home made food, snacks and drinks. We also have a coffee shop in our Rainforest play barn.
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Free Parking
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Please check our website for opening hours.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good219
- Sarah QCheadle Hulme, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLoved itSunday, 14th November 2021I was looking to meet some friends between Stockport and Nottingham and happened to Google this place. I’m so glad I did! Lots of animals in plenty of open space, lovely play areas, great, reasonably... Read full review
- 501ernestsSutton in Ashfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday afternoon with chips.Sunday, 14th November 2021Visited on a Sunday afternoon for my granddaughter’s birthday party with a number of other children and adults. We were shown round by Katie who took the children for a horse ride then on to a pet... Read full review
- JW782Buxton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWell needed fun family day out!Sunday, 14th November 2021We came with our 3 and 6 year old children and they thoroughly enjoyed their day out here in the fresh air. Plenty of family fun to be had! Great array of animals to feed and greet (although the feed... Read full review
Map & Directions
The nearest railway station is Matlock, which is 1 mile away.
- Matlock Farm Park