Come on down to Matlock Farm Park, the ideal place for families to enjoy the fresh area of the countryside combined with fun interactive experiences with a wide range of friendly animals.
From deer, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks, to the more unusual meerkats, wallabies, alpaca, llama and rhea, there are lots of animals to see and feed, as well as smaller, cuddly animals to pet in the barn. Bottle feeding of lambs (seasonal) is always a favourite with the children. Learn more about meerkats through daily talks, enjoy a wallaby encounter and have a free bet on a ferret or sheep race. Short pony rides (from 3 years) are available at weekends and school holidays too, with no need to book.
There's a super indoor play area, The Rainforest, with slides, bridges and so much more, as well as a designated toddler soft play space. Parents can relax with coffee and snacks in our viewing area while children play. The popular licensed Garden Room Cafe serves delicious homemade meals and snacks. There are specially designed outdoor playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids too.
Matlock Farm Park offers riding lessons for all abilities in a lovely purpose built arena, surrounded by picturesque countryside, with experienced, friendly instructors. Pre-booking is essential and pony trekking in beautiful neighbouring woodland is also available.
Popular Farm and Playbarn Birthday parties are catered for and Special Events are on throughout the year. See website for more details.
WEEKDAY TERM TIME PRICES:
ADULTS - £9.95
CHILD (4-14 YRS) - £8.95
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) - £6.95
CONCESSIONS - £8.95
UNDER 2'S – FREE
WEEKEND AND SCHOOL HOLIDAY PRICES:
CHILD (4-14 YRS) -£9.95
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) -£7.95
UNDER 2’S -FREE
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Visitor Attraction of the Year Silver Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2022
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Changing Places
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Coach parties accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Open all year round- Closed Christmas day and Boxing day.
1st April – 31st October Everyday 10.00am 5.00pm
Extended opening to 5:30pm during summer weekends (weather permitting)
1st November – March 31st 10.00am 4.30pm
Opening times subject to change
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good238
- GroomosawayTrip Type:FamilyVery enjoyableMonday, 9th May 2022We had a lovely day out with our 3 year old daughter she absolutely loved holding the animals , there was abit of co fusion with signs in places saying party only but when we spoke to staff they soon... Read full review
- clairenN9792RATrip Type:FamilyGreat family day outMonday, 16th May 2022Having visited pre Covid and now May 22 WOW the investment that has been made is fantastic. Toilets much improved, paths, play areas and animal enclosures. We loved the big pillow. The new dome and... Read full review
- Emma-Jean-tripsSheffieldTrip Type:FamilyGreat day outfit little onesFriday, 20th May 2022Lovely day out such a nice farm with extra activities my little one always loves. Milk feed for lambs was great. Always a laugh on the bouncy pillow. I was very frustrated after booking online to... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 motorway at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Select left lane and, at next roundabout take 1st exit (continuous lane, towards Chatsworth). At traffic lights select middle lane, go straight on. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) take 2nd exit. At next roundabout (Morrison's) take 1st exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632). Follow road through Kelstedge and up very steep hill (Slack Hill). At top of hill turn right (signposted Matlock Farm Park) and follow road for approx 1½ mile then turn left (Jaggers Lane). Farm Park on left approx 50 metres down road. From East Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction then follow route from North/South. From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At roundabout (Morrison's) take 3rd exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632), then follow route from North/South. The nearest railway station is Matlock or Chesterfield.