Come on down to Matlock Farm Park, the ideal place for families to enjoy the fresh area of the countryside combined with fun interactive experiences with a wide range of friendly animals.
From deer, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks, to the more unusual meerkats, wallabies, alpaca, llama and rhea, there are lots of animals to see and feed, as well as smaller, cuddly animals to pet in the barn. Bottle feeding of lambs (seasonal) is always a favourite with the children. Learn more about meerkats through daily talks, enjoy a wallaby encounter and have a free bet on a ferret or sheep race. Short pony rides (from 3 years) are available at weekends and school holidays too, with no need to book.
There's a super indoor play area, The Rainforest, with slides, bridges and so much more, as well as a designated toddler soft play space. Parents can relax with coffee and snacks in our viewing area while children play. The popular licensed Garden Room Cafe serves delicious homemade meals and snacks. There are specially designed outdoor playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids too.
Matlock Farm Park offers riding lessons for all abilities in a lovely purpose built arena, surrounded by picturesque countryside, with experienced, friendly instructors. Pre-booking is essential and pony trekking in beautiful neighbouring woodland is also available.
Popular Farm and Playbarn Birthday parties are catered for and Special Events are on throughout the year. See website for more details.
WEEKDAY TERM TIME PRICES:
ADULTS - £9.95
CHILD (4-14 YRS) - £8.95
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) - £6.95
CONCESSIONS - £8.95
UNDER 2'S – FREE
WEEKEND AND SCHOOL HOLIDAY PRICES:
CHILD (4-14 YRS) -£9.95
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) -£7.95
UNDER 2’S -FREE
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Visitor Attraction of the Year Silver Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering - The Rainforest playcentre and café are currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, but there are takeaway outlets serving delicious food and drinks,
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Coach parties accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Open all year round- Closed Christmas day and Boxing day.
1st April – 31st October Everyday 10.00am 5.00pm
Extended opening to 5:30pm during summer weekends (weather permitting)
1st November – March 31st 10.00am 4.30pm
The Rainforest playcentre and café are currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, but there are takeaway outlets serving delicious food and drinks, outdoor play areas and many interactive animal based activities to engage in.
Opening times subject to change
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good214
- WullsterTrip Type:FamilyLet down by poor coffeeThursday, 14th October 2021Came with our kids aged 10 and 5. They enjoyed the animals and feeding the animals. Nice venue for kids to have fun and runaround We paid £7 for 2 barista coffees at the on site caravan, the coffee... Read full review
- DiSDOFTSheffield, United KingdomLittle Paradise!Friday, 15th October 2021Watching my two little Grandsons enjoy every minute! they loved feeding and interacting with the animals then playing in the Children's indoor area. Although the weather wasn't the best, it did not... Read full review
- AleksandraA541Trip Type:FamilyWe definitely will backSunday, 17th October 2021Very nice place, lots of fun for us and ours children. One minus its a cafes.. Really dirty tables and baby chairs, was 2 empty tables but we need to clean them first before sit.. Prices a bit high... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 motorway at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Select left lane and, at next roundabout take 1st exit (continuous lane, towards Chatsworth). At traffic lights select middle lane, go straight on. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) take 2nd exit. At next roundabout (Morrison's) take 1st exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632). Follow road through Kelstedge and up very steep hill (Slack Hill). At top of hill turn right (signposted Matlock Farm Park) and follow road for approx 1½ mile then turn left (Jaggers Lane). Farm Park on left approx 50 metres down road. From East Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction then follow route from North/South. From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At roundabout (Morrison's) take 3rd exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632), then follow route from North/South. The nearest railway station is Matlock or Chesterfield.