Our indoor play area and cafe are currently closed, however we have up to 5 takeaway food and beverage outlets open and plenty of outdoor tables.
Come on down to Matlock Farm Park, the ideal place for families to enjoy the fresh area of the countryside combined with fun interactive experiences with a wide range of friendly animals.
From deer, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks, to the more unusual meerkats, wallabies, alpaca, llama and rhea, there are lots of animals to see and feed, as well as smaller, cuddly animals to pet in the barn. Bottle feeding of lambs (seasonal) is always a favourite with the children. Learn more about meerkats through daily talks, enjoy a wallaby encounter and have a free bet on a ferret or sheep race. Short pony rides (from 3 years) are available at weekends and school holidays too, with no need to book.
There's a super indoor play area, The Rainforest, with slides, bridges and so much more, as well as a designated toddler soft play space. Parents can relax with coffee and snacks in our viewing area while children play. The popular licensed Garden Room Cafe serves delicious homemade meals and snacks. There are specially designed outdoor playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids too.
Matlock Farm Park offers riding lessons for all abilities in a lovely purpose built arena, surrounded by picturesque countryside, with experienced, friendly instructors. Pre-booking is essential and pony trekking in beautiful neighbouring woodland is also available.
Popular Farm and Playbarn Birthday parties are catered for and Special Events are on throughout the year. See website for more details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.50 per adult|
|Child||£7.50 per child|
|Concession||£7.50 per concession|
CHILD (4-14 YRS) -£7.50
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) -£5.50
UNDER 2’S – FREE
ANNUAL PASSES ADULT -£45
2ND ADULT -£40
ADDITIONAL CHILD -£25
UNDER 2’S -FREE
Horse Riding/Pony Trekking- £30 per hour
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering - We have a popular licensed cafe, serving delicious home made food, cakes, snacks and drinks. We also have a coffee shop in our Rainforest Play barn.
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Coach parties accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Following the government announcement made on Monday 22nd February 2021, we are aiming to re-open Matlock Farm Park on Monday 12th April 2021.
The Rainforest indoor play centre and the Garden Room Cafe will remain closed until Monday 17th May 2021, pending confirmation from the government.Due to recent Covid-19 restrictions, Matlock Farm Park is currently closed.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good185
- N1579TGhollybGreat day out.Sunday, 18th April 2021The staff were friendly, plenty of room for everyone to move around safely, measures in place for covid 19. our little boy is 18 months old loved having space to run around on the grass and loved... Read full review
- Adell1999Trip Type:FamilyOverpricedSunday, 18th April 2021We paid £35 for our visit today which would have been ok had we then not had to pay for the activities inside which were a extra £18. The bouncing slide, trampolines, hook a duck, pony rides and ride... Read full review
- crichfoodieLovely day outSunday, 18th April 2021My granddaughter (18 months) had a great time here; Her father and I enjoyed it too! It is lovely to have a good variety of farm animals and be able to feed them. The play areas add to the enjoyment... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 motorway at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Select left lane and, at next roundabout take 1st exit (continuous lane, towards Chatsworth). At traffic lights select middle lane, go straight on. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) take 2nd exit. At next roundabout (Morrison's) take 1st exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632). Follow road through Kelstedge and up very steep hill (Slack Hill). At top of hill turn right (signposted Matlock Farm Park) and follow road for approx 1½ mile then turn left (Jaggers Lane). Farm Park on left approx 50 metres down road. From East Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction then follow route from North/South. From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At roundabout (Morrison's) take 3rd exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632), then follow route from North/South. The nearest railway station is Matlock or Chesterfield.