Our indoor play area and cafe are currently closed, however we have up to 5 takeaway food and beverage outlets open and plenty of outdoor tables.
Come on down to Matlock Farm Park, the ideal place for families to enjoy the fresh area of the countryside combined with fun interactive experiences with a wide range of friendly animals.
From deer, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks, to the more unusual meerkats, wallabies, alpaca, llama and rhea, there are lots of animals to see and feed, as well as smaller, cuddly animals to pet in the barn. Bottle feeding of lambs (seasonal) is always a favourite with the children. Learn more about meerkats through daily talks, enjoy a wallaby encounter and have a free bet on a ferret or sheep race. Short pony rides (from 3 years) are available at weekends and school holidays too, with no need to book.
There's a super indoor play area, The Rainforest, with slides, bridges and so much more, as well as a designated toddler soft play space. Parents can relax with coffee and snacks in our viewing area while children play. The popular licensed Garden Room Cafe serves delicious homemade meals and snacks. There are specially designed outdoor playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids too.
Matlock Farm Park offers riding lessons for all abilities in a lovely purpose built arena, surrounded by picturesque countryside, with experienced, friendly instructors. Pre-booking is essential and pony trekking in beautiful neighbouring woodland is also available.
Popular Farm and Playbarn Birthday parties are catered for and Special Events are on throughout the year. See website for more details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.50 per adult|
|Child||£7.50 per child|
|Concession||£7.50 per concession|
CHILD (4-14 YRS) -£7.50
TODDLERS (2-3 YRS) -£5.50
UNDER 2’S – FREE
ANNUAL PASSES ADULT -£45
2ND ADULT -£40
ADDITIONAL CHILD -£25
UNDER 2’S -FREE
Horse Riding/Pony Trekking- £30 per hour
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering - We have a popular licensed cafe, serving delicious home made food, cakes, snacks and drinks. We also have a coffee shop in our Rainforest Play barn.
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Coach parties accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Due to recent Covid-19 restrictions, Matlock Farm Park is currently closed.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good183
- emryiv-123Belper, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfectSunday, 6th December 2020Visited with small children. They’ve got everything right, perfect Covid 19 measures put in place . We felt very safe throughout our visit. Fabulous outdoor heated area, lovely takeaway outlets... Read full review
- katiemF2188UETrip Type:FamilyAmazingSunday, 6th December 2020We are regular visitors to Matlock farm park and we always love it. Our latest visit was Saturday 5th Dec 2020 and it was magical. Partly helped by the carpet of snow that had fallen the previous day... Read full review
- 103bethaniepTrip Type:FamilyMagical Christmas Day OutWednesday, 9th December 2020We visited yesterday 5/12/20 with me, my husband and 2 year old son and my mother and father in law, we had a brilliant day out, lots of snow around which my little boy loved, his first time seeing... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 motorway at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Select left lane and, at next roundabout take 1st exit (continuous lane, towards Chatsworth). At traffic lights select middle lane, go straight on. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) take 2nd exit. At next roundabout (Morrison's) take 1st exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632). Follow road through Kelstedge and up very steep hill (Slack Hill). At top of hill turn right (signposted Matlock Farm Park) and follow road for approx 1½ mile then turn left (Jaggers Lane). Farm Park on left approx 50 metres down road. From East Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction then follow route from North/South. From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At roundabout (Morrison's) take 3rd exit then go straight on at mini roundabout. Follow road to traffic lights at top of hill and turn right towards Matlock (A632), then follow route from North/South. The nearest railway station is Matlock or Chesterfield.