A gentle walk with lovely views of the Hamlet of Martinside. Martinside was known as far back as 1259. Fox House was built in 1839 by Adam Fox, whose name appears on the tablet above the door of the Hearse House on Market Street. Mostly built of timber, this former house had twenty six rooms.
Map & Directions
The town is situated just off the A6 six miles north of Buxton and 15 miles south of Stockport. It lies 12 miles east of Macclesfield and 24 miles west of Sheffield. Parking can be found on the cobbles in Market Place and the car parks on Thornbrook Road and behind Co-op supermarket.