AboutLadybower Reservoir is a large 'Y' shaped reservoir, the lowest of the three in the Upper Derwent Valley. It was built between 1935 - 1943 and then took a further two years to fill it.
The villages of Derwent and Ashopton had to be flooded to create this reservoir and the inhabitants were relocated to Yorkshire Bridge estate, just downstream of Ladybower Dam. It was opened in 24 September 1945 by King George VI During the 1990s the wall was raised and strenghened to reduce the risk of 'over-topping' in a major flood.
- Picnic site
Map & Directions
SK 196 864