AboutTake a trip back in time to the 1760s at this spectacular Neo-classical mansion, framed by historic parkland. Designed for lavish entertaining and displaying an extensive collection of paintings, sculpture and original furnishings, Kedleston is a stunning example of the work of architect Robert Adam. The Curzon family have lived at the Hall since the 12th century and continue to live here. Lord Curzon's Eastern Museum is a treasure trove of fascinating objects acquired on his travels in Asia and while Viceroy of India (1899 to 1905). Used as a key location for The Duchess, the recent Hollywood blockbuster.
Seasonal recipes made using local produce, including Kedleston Park lamb.
Buy a Kedleston souvenir and local products. Peat-free plants for sale.
Limited disabled access - phone for details. Groups and coaches by advance booking only.
Please check website
- Other Awards National Trust 2019
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Venue approved for civil marriage
- Wedding receptions
- Parking with charge
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- National Trust Property
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* We’re re-opening the park and gardens at Kedleston. You will need to book your visit in advance. Check What’s On for the latest information and to book. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking. Entry via Kedleston Road only.
Map & Directions
Located 5 miles west of Derby near Quarndon. Traffic should aim for Markeaton roundabout where the A52/A38 intersect. Follow brown signs on the A38(N) and follow Kedleston Road.
The nearest railway station is Duffield, which is 3 miles away.