Explore 22 miles of off-road cycling in the Upper Derwent Valley. This route is available to download as a PDF and GPX file at the bottom of this page.
Start/End Point Bamford station S32 1EG
Length 35km/22 miles
27% road / 73% trail
1. From Bamford station head towards the road
2. Turn right then 1st left and continue past the recreation ground
3. Join the Thornhill Trail at the car park and continue on the Trail to the dam wall
4. Cross the dam wall then turn left to follow the cycle lane alongside Ladybower Reservoir
5. Turn left at the traffic lights
6. Cross A57 before the bridge (take care) to follow the route anti-clockwise around Derwent and Howden Reservoirs.
7. NOTE: A short cut across to the west side is possible to Fairholmes (at the dam wall between Ladybower and Derwent reservoirs).
8. On reaching the A57 again turn left and cross the bridge
9. Cross the A57 (take care) and take the cycle lane to retrace your outward journey
This route was developed as part of the Pedal Peak for Business initiative, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.