A 17.5 mile journey through moorland landscapes. This route is available to download as a PDF and GPX file at the bottom of this page.
Start/End Point Hathersage station S32 1DT
1. Leaving the station turn left on the main road under the railway bridge
2. After crossing River Derwent turn right at the Plough Inn to Abney and the gliding club. Take care crossing the road
3. Turn sharp right at the T junction
4. Continue through Great Hucklow, passing Queen Anne
5. Go straight on crossing the B6049 at Windmill. Take care at this junction
6. Turn right at the T junction following signs to Castleton
7. Turn left (signpost Castleton)
8. Take great care on steep descent into Castleton
9. Turn right past the village green to join A6187
10. Follow the road back via Hope to Hathersage and Turn right by the George Hotel to return to the station.
This route was developed as part of the Pedal Peak for Business initiative, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.