AboutThis Medieval and Tudor manor house is an absolute gem. Inside, there is a fine example of a medieval kitchen; and an Elizabethan long gallery - the most modern room in the house! The exterior walls are adorned with climbing roses and there is a beautiful terraced garden. Haddon Hall is a popular choice as a film and TV location. A restaurant and gift shop complete the visitor's experience.
The Haddon Gift Shop
The Gatehouse Gift Shop offers a range of unusual gifts and souvenirs.
Family (2 adults, 3 children) £35.00
Car Parking £2.50 per car
Coach parking Free
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Other Awards Historic Houses Association Friends Scheme 2016
- Welcome Host
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- French signs/guides
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Parking with charge
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Disabled toilets
* 2016 Opening dates:
Easter: 25th March to 4th April.
April: Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
1st May to 30th Sept - open daily
October: Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays and 22nd-31st Oct for half term.
Christmas: 1st to 18th December
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good272
- Shivvi89Nottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful!Friday, 3rd February 2017Absolutely stunning grounds and setting, with beautiful views. The house is gorgeous inside, and I loved the long hall, so airy! We were blessed with a lovely sunny day so the gardens were... Read full review
- Stephen296074St Austell, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery atmospheric and oozing history.Wednesday, 1st February 2017A visit to Derbyshire is not complete without a visit to this historic family home. It is real step back in time, full of atmosphere, preserved, but authentic and Steeped in history. Read full review
- LLCCaliforniaTrip Type:CouplesContrary to other review, Lots of Princess Bride to seeSunday, 15th January 2017For our 25th Wedding Anniversary we decide to plan a Princess Bride Trip, many thanks to the book "As You Wish" that made locations easier to find. Haddon Hall, is just a beautiful estate. We spent... Read full review
Map & Directions
On A6 between Rowsley and Bakewell. Follow brown tourist signs from Matlock or Bakewell.
Bus routes: Transpeak from Manchester and Nottingham or R61.
Nearest railway station: Chesterfield or Matlock.
Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock station is 5.4 miles away.
Attractions Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.