AboutThis Medieval and Tudor manor house is an absolute gem. Inside, there is a fine example of a medieval kitchen; and an Elizabethan long gallery - the most modern room in the house! The exterior walls are adorned with climbing roses and there is a beautiful terraced garden. Haddon Hall is a popular choice as a film and TV location. A restaurant and gift shop complete the visitor's experience.
The Haddon Gift Shop
The Gatehouse Gift Shop offers a range of unusual gifts and souvenirs.
Family (2 adults, 3 children) £35.00
Car Parking £2.50 per car
Coach parking Free
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2016
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Other Awards Historic Houses Association Friends Scheme 2016
- Welcome Host
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- French signs/guides
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Parking with charge
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Disabled toilets
* Please see our website for opening times
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good274
- katyp2323Filey, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA beautiful propertyMonday, 24th April 2017A very interesting historic house with lovely views over the countryside from the high gardens. The guides are very helpful and informative. Read full review
- missbrowneyesxxNorwich, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAbsorb the atmosphereMonday, 24th April 2017Absolutely stunning medieval Hall. Very unspoilt, just wonder around at your leisure into and out of various rooms, passages, kitchens, chapel and gardens. The stones underfoot are worn with age... Read full review
- SteLincsLouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA great day out with some outstanding rooms to see.Friday, 21st April 2017Went with my wife and we were really impressed with the hall and rooms. Also spent some relaxing time in the gardens. Well worth a visit. Also an excellent cafe as well. The staff were extremely... Read full review
Map & Directions
On A6 between Rowsley and Bakewell. Follow brown tourist signs from Matlock or Bakewell.
Bus routes: Transpeak from Manchester and Nottingham or R61.
Nearest railway station: Chesterfield or Matlock.
Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock station is 5.4 miles away.
Attractions Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.