AboutThis Medieval and Tudor manor house is an absolute gem. Inside, there is a fine example of a medieval kitchen; and an Elizabethan long gallery - the most modern room in the house! The exterior walls are adorned with climbing roses and there is a beautiful terraced garden. Haddon Hall is a popular choice as a film and TV location. A restaurant and gift shop complete the visitor's experience.
The Haddon Gift Shop
The Gatehouse Gift Shop offers a range of unusual gifts and souvenirs.
Adult (16 and above) £22.00
Concession (Over 60) £20.50
Student (With a valid ID) £19.00
Child (Age 0-15) FREE
Historic Houses (HH) Members
Free admission with valid card (excluding special events and Christmas season)
Free admission for one full paying adult with a valid 2-for-1 entry card (excluding special events and Christmas season)
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2020
- Other Awards Historic Houses Association Member 2019
- Visit England VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Open Daily
21st July – 31st October 2021
7 days a week
Last entry 4pm
1st – 23rd December
7 days a week
Last entry at 3pm
10:00am – 4:30pm
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good436
- JJEZTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely but expectations not metWednesday, 28th July 2021A lovely house , gardens stunning and the fact it's a medieval Manor house is amazing. The reason I give it three stars firstly the car park is £3.50 cash , we didn't know this until we arrived and... Read full review
- lizandianpsurreyDog owners avoid on a sunny day.Friday, 30th July 2021Having had to leave Althorp because our dog was in the car with insufficient shade we were disappointed to find that here the only car park was equally devoid of shade so we were sadly unable to... Read full review
- dereksutton1The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayThe house that slept for 200 yearsFriday, 30th July 2021Really fascinating property priginally dating back to Will the Conqueror' s illegitimate son .So many original features as the house was shut up and left for two centuries and avoided the updating... Read full review
Map & Directions
On A6 between Rowsley and Bakewell. Follow brown tourist signs from Matlock or Bakewell.
Bus routes: Transpeak from Manchester and Nottingham or R61.
Nearest railway station: Chesterfield or Matlock.
Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock station is 5.4 miles away.
Attractions Self Assessment
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.