Great British Car Journey & Drive Dad’s Car
Located in Ambergate, Derbyshire, Great British Car Journey is a brand new visitor attraction which opened in May 2021.
Boasting a collection of 150 modern British classics, including one of the last cars to roll off the Longbridge production line, Great British Car Journey tells the story of the rise and fall of the British motoring industry from the early 1900s to the turn of the century.
Beginning with the Austin Seven and ending with a McLaren 650S, the Great British Journey features all the classics to the lesser-known vehicles, like the Gilbern and Austin Atlantic.
Each vehicle tells a story – from Elton John’s Bentley to the car that was used to chauffeur British High Court judge Sir Fenton Atkinson during the high-profile trial of the Moors murderers,
Featuring more than 30 British car marques, visitors are guided around the exhibition with a unique handheld audio visual device transporting them through the decades of British car design and manufacturing.
Entrance to the Great British Car Journey is £16 per adult, £14 for Concessions £7.50 per child and £40 for families (2 adults and up to 3 children)
In addition to the exhibition, Great British Car Journey features a unique onsite driving experience – Drive Dad’s Car.
From just £49.00, Drive Dad’s Car gives you the opportunity to get behind the wheel of 30 of the most popular cars ever made in Britain, including the Sunbeam Rapier Convertible, a rare original Avenger and Rolls Royce Silver Spirit to the Ford Capri, Reliant Robin and, of course, the original MK1 Mini.
Free entry to the Great British Car Journey for the driver is included with every Drive Dad’s Car experience purchased. Guests receive discounted entry too!
Purchase your voucher for Drive Dad's Car here- Home - Drive Dad's Car (drivedadscar.com)
Entrance to the Great British Car Journey is £16 for Adults, £14 for Concessions, £7.50 for Children ans a Family ticket is £40 (2 Adults and up to 3 children)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Wheelchairs available
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- MarubaNottingham, United KingdomA unique and interesting exhibitionMonday, 9th May 2022I bought my partner a voucher to visit the Great British Car Journey during the pandemic and we saved it to co-incide with the Rover SD1 club meet up. A bonus was seeing all the Austin Sevens... Read full review
- LPstandardFantastic car collectionThursday, 12th May 2022What a fantastic day out. Exceeded expectations. Over 120 cars in fantastic condition beautifully displayed. The staff were all excellent and helpful. The interactive tablets with audio and details... Read full review
- Peter WTrip Type:CouplesAwesome place to visitSunday, 15th May 2022What a place, thousands of pounds worth of cars and what a clollection, audio tablet tour included in price,very informative, a must for any petrol head or if you just like cars Read full review
Map & Directions
From the M1: Take the A38 towards Derby and after approx. 6 miles turn onto the A610 towards Ambergate. Turn Right after approx. 4 miles onto the A6 (opposite The Hurt Arms) and we are Half a mile on the LEFT.