AboutThe classic Go Ape experience. We brief you for safety before you fly down zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain's most breathtaking scenery.
We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit in them! There's no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
It's a fun way to spend time with family, friends or colleagues. It might just be that monkeying around in the trees with your tribe brings a smile to your face.
Can I Go Ape?
Minimum Age - 10yrs
Minimum Height - 1.4m (4ft7")
Maximum weight - 20.5 stones (130kg)
Gorillas (18 years +): £31
Baboons (10-17 years): £25
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Coach parties accepted
- Public toilets
* Times will vary on daylight hours. Some of our adventures even open at 08:00 in the summer for those early gorillas. We're open from February to November, but we close our forest doors during December and January so come and enjoy the tree-top adventure that everyone's talking about. It's best to check our website for details at http://goape.co.uk
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- WeeConnieBuxton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWatch out for the monkeys!Wednesday, 7th December 2016Idyllic location, knowledgable staff with safety top on their priority, interesting course, challenging yet brilliant fun for 3hrs. Read full review
- Amber NLondon, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesClimb Zip Jump Balance SwingWednesday, 21st September 2016What a fantastic morning! We were exploring the Peak District for the Bank holiday weekend and fancied an adventure in the trees. Such great fun and quite the workout for those of us with no upper... Read full review
- Nic WTrip Type:CouplesScary but fun!Wednesday, 21st September 2016I went to go ape on a surprise date with my partner. I never realised how scared of heights I actually am until this day. It was terrifying but once I got used to it, it was brilliant. The staff are... Read full review
Map & Directions
Poole's Cavern is a 20 minute walk from Buxton Railway Station and Bus Station. From the Crescent and Tourist Information Centre follow Broad Walk and Temple Road to Green Lane and The Cavern.
By road follow the brown tourist signs from A6, A515 or A53 to Green Lane.
There is no public transport bus route direct to Poole's Cavern.
The nearest railway station is Buxton, which is 1 mile away.