AboutEdale Skyline is a classic grand adventure in the Peak District. For many this is a full day's walk. So we include a lunch stop, afternoon refreshment stop and water replenishment. We guide at a steady pace in small groups so you're never lost in the crowd. And our extra on-route support and water top ups means you can enjoy your walk with a much lighter daypack. Your guides for the day are experienced local professional Mountain and Moorland Leaders.
NOTE - With your health and safety in mind, for 2022 we'll continue to provide pre-packaged sandwiches and snacks at the picnic stops. If you’ve got any questions on the steps we’ve taken, just drop us a message
(Ranger Expeditions is a trading name and our staff are not employed by or affiliated to the National Park Authority ranger service. Activities run by the National Park ranger service will be clearly identified in any event listings)
Welcome to a grand day out in the Peak District from Ranger Expeditions. Our walk takes in glorious and remote high moorland, gritstone edges, the spectacular Vale of Edale, Mam Tor iron age fort, iconic Win Hill Pike and historic trails around the Kinder Plateau. This Open Group challenge is fully supported and guided by experienced local Mountain Leaders.
ITINERARY 08:00 Meet guides and support team at Edale Village car park 08:30 Start walk
Win Hill Pike (11km) 1st Support refreshments (12km) Lose Hill (15km) Mam Tor (18.5km) 2nd Support refreshments (19km) 2nd Support / water top up – alternative location (22km) Brown Knoll (24.5km) Kinder Scout (30km)
17:30 Appox time finish in Edale village (33km / 20.5miles)
The Rambler Inn & The Old Nags Head recommended for your post-walk refreshment and celebration. REFRESHMENTS INCLUDED At first support location: Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks. Soup, picnic sandwiches / veggie option, snacks, fruit. At second support location: Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks. Soup, roll, snacks, fruit (we provide hot water for soups and drinks from flasks, hence fully supporting the Peak District regional PSPO wildfire prevention initiative)
50% refund on cancellation up to 28 days before the event
- Drink Provided - At first support location: Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks. At second support location: Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks.
- Food Provided - At first support location: Soup, sandwiches / veggie option, snacks, fruit. At second support location: Soup, roll, snacks, fruit.
What to bring
What to bring
- Drink - Minimum 1 litre to start the day up until lunchtime. When you can top up with juice and water.
- Food - We provide lunch and afternoon snacks. But please bring some personal snacks to start the day with.
- Warm Clothing - Sufficient to remain warm on the hills
- Waterproofs - Waterproof jacket with hood, and if rain is forecast water over tousers