We are an outdoor activity provider based in Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District National Park. This unique position and local knowledge allows us to give you the best possible activity experience.
Our expert instructors who have a good sense of humour are there to ensure you have the best day possible.
We can cater for large or small groups and even offer 1:1 private coaching. We believe it is easier to discuss all the options so please feel free to call us to find out more.
Activities available for groups and individuals include:
• Climbing Courses for all levels
• Caving and Potholing Trips
• Charity Abseil Events
• Guided Mountain Bike Rides and Skills Courses
• Stream Scrambling
• Weaseling and rock scrambling
• Guided Walks and Navigation Training
• Orienteering challenge
• Competitive Treasure Hunts
• Team Bonding and Team Building Activities
At Dolomite Training, we pride ourselves on being dedicated to delivering excellence in all of our outdoor education and training. Our commitment is endorsed by our extensive memberships and affiliations; we are also inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) which allows us to work with under 18’s.
Get in touch today by calling 07784 005097 or emailing us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Peak District has some of the best climbing venues in the country. We have gritstone and limestone crags to climb on so you are spoilt for choice. You could join one of our climbing courses or book a private climbing experience to suit your ability. Equally, our climbing instructors can adapt each course to suit the groups needs. Courses range from an introduction to climbing through to learning to lead climb so you can be assured we can signpost you to the right course.
Guided Mountain Bike Rides
All of our mountain bike guides are qualified and live locally in the Peak District. This means that you can be assured of a great days riding no matter what the weather gives us. If you join one of our mountain bike skills courses then we have several venues to use. Each of these present different challenges to help develop your mtb skills. This includes bike handling, body positioning, corning and climbing or descending hills. Mountain BIke courses are run for all levels of ability.
We deliver some amazing caving experiences for so many different people each year. Our cave insturctors are passionate about caving and will look after you whilst also teaching you about cave features and cave formations deep underground. They will challenge you on ladder climbs and keep you safe whilst you abseil from the roof of a cave. Some of our social media has videos showing you whats beneath your feet. We also deliver technical courses covering SRT training, self rescue and cave rigging.
Abseiling in Derbyshire has become a go to activity for many families and groups such as hen parties and stag do's. We usually combine this with another activity and make it a full day although you can just have a half day abseiling. One venue we use is the Millersdale viaduct which is near Tideswell. Equally we use many of the cliff tops around the Peak Districts gritstone edges. If you are wanting to do an abseil for charity then we can help with that as well. We have been commissioned by many national charities to help organise fundraising events. please get in touch to discuss any of these options,
Prices vary on activity and location.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Accepts groups
|Open New Year|
|01/01/2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Friday||08:00||- 18:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||08:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||08:30||- 17:00|
* Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Only advance bookings taken over the Christmas Holidays
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- duncan gweaseling and cavingFriday, 29th October 2021A great day out. Wendy took us weaseling in the morning all three kids (3, 6, 8) and me were able to squeeze through the rocks. I've been walking over there before but never realised how much extra... Read full review
- JamesWB96Hanoi, VietnamTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat fun and challenging experienceSaturday, 30th April 2022I went abseiling and caving today with a group of 7 friends. We had a great time and would highly recommend! One of our friends was a bit afraid of abseiling but Steve was great with him and he... Read full review
- Simon PEpic caving adventureMonday, 2nd May 2022I've always had a fascination with caving but never actually been on any organised caving trips. I'd been to the White Scar Caves in Yorkshire, the Honistor slate mine and Chislehurst caves but... Read full review
Map & Directions
Off the A6 at Bakewell, Peak District, Derbyshire Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock or Grindleford station is 6 miles away.