AboutIn December 2001, the Derwent Valley Mills became inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This international designation confirms the outstanding importance of the area as the birthplace of the factory system. The site runs from Masson Mill at Cromford to the Silk Mill at Derby.
Areas of the Site within the public realm are free to visit and open all year round. Individual attractions have different opening times and admission fees.
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Children welcome
- On-site light refreshments
- Parking with charge
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
* The site is open at all times. Individual mills are open at various times.
Map & Directions
Encompases the area located along the A6 Valley from Masson Mill, Cromford to Silk Mill, Derby.
Accessible by Public Transport.