AboutDerby Museum and Art Gallery holds collections and displays relating to the history, culture and natural environment of Derby and its region. There are internationally important collections of paintings by Joseph Wright of Derby - Associate of the Royal Academy (1734-97), and of Derby porcelain. Other galleries feature archaeology, local regimental history and natural sciences. There is a lively programme of changing exhibitions and an education service for schools..
- Other Awards Self-assessed Accessibility Information 2016
- Visit England VistEngland VAQAS 2016
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
* NEW OPENING TIMES effective from 1 April
Tuesday – Saturday: 10am-5pm
Bank Holiday Mondays: 10am-5pm
Map & Directions
Situated in the Cathedral Quarter. Nearest car park - Bold Lane (ParkSafe). 20 minutes walk from Derby railway station.
Accessible by Public Transport: Derby station is 1 mile away.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.