AboutVisit Cromford Mills for a complete day out, the start of your journey exploring the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. Discover more about this unique valley in the new Gateway with interactive displays with film and meet Sir Richard Arkwright himself in the “Arkwright Experience” Presentation by Sir Richard Arkwright on his Mills (Hologram) and video film, narrated by Brian Blessed, on the Derwent valley Mills World Heritage Site.
Take a narrow boat ride along the canal or accompany one of our guides as they bring the extraordinary history to life on a tour of the area. There are plenty of walks, trails, galleries, shops and places to eat to keep the whole family entertained. Look out for Family Fun Days, Arts and Crafts and other special events.
Children's Activity Centre
Cromford Mill is the world's first successful water powered cotton spinning mill and acclaimed throughout the world as being the first, complete factory system. Enjoy a guided tour, available every day.
Please see our website
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Please see our website
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good193
- emmamT3069HDSleaford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGuided tourSaturday, 16th April 2022We enjoyed a fantastic guided tour around Cromford Mills. Our tour guide, David was very knowledgeable and gave a detailed and balanced view of the impact of the Industrial Revolution on people's... Read full review
- _jan_briandoggettBenitachell, SpainTrip Type:CouplesValue for money excellent day outTuesday, 3rd May 2022The guided tour by Mark was very interesting he explained it all very well. The two film shows were excellent. We completed the walking audio tour which took you to all the places talked about in the... Read full review
- rosamunds151best scone everThursday, 12th May 2022Cherry and walnut scone absolutely delicious. Staff friendly, surroundings comfortable and clean.... Read full review
Map & Directions
Situated off the A6 at Cromford
Accessible by Public Transport: Cromford station is 1 mile away.