AboutVisit Cromford Mills for a complete day out, the start of your journey exploring the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. Discover more about this unique valley in the new Gateway with interactive displays with film and meet Sir Richard Arkwright himself in the “Arkwright Experience” Presentation by Sir Richard Arkwright on his Mills (Hologram) and video film, narrated by Brian Blessed, on the Derwent valley Mills World Heritage Site.
Take a narrow boat ride along the canal or accompany one of our guides as they bring the extraordinary history to life on a tour of the area. There are plenty of walks, trails, galleries, shops and places to eat to keep the whole family entertained. Look out for Family Fun Days, Arts and Crafts and other special events.
Children's Activity Centre
Cromford Mill is the world's first successful water powered cotton spinning mill and acclaimed throughout the world as being the first, complete factory system. Enjoy a guided tour, available every day.
Please see our website
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Please see our website
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good196
- TidymbDerby, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood value family day out with a bit of history too.Tuesday, 16th August 2022Lovely afternoon with friends and young children with lots of activities to keep little ones occupied and interesting for adults who want to buy gifts, books or learn about the history too. £3 to... Read full review
- Aileen WLoughborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA very interesting educational morning.Wednesday, 24th August 2022A very interesting morning spent at these mills, originally built in 1771 by Sir Richard Arkwright. They have been lovingly and painstakingly restored. So much history to take in, either by a guided... Read full review
- 301lisa33Coventry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIndustrial archaeologySunday, 28th August 2022These are Arkwright's mills. Entry is free. Quite a lot of industrial archaeology to see. Decent interpretation but tours are available too. Quite a number of retail outlets eg antiques, books... Read full review
Map & Directions
Situated off the A6 at Cromford
Accessible by Public Transport: Cromford station is 1 mile away.