Take a tram ride through time at Crich Tramway Village, home of The National Tramway Museum - an ideal destination for all ages. Visitors can ride our world renowned vintage trams through our unique period street and out into the open countryside for spectacular views, explore fascinating exhibitions and watch as trams are restored from our Workshop Viewing Gallery. This captivating journey into history is made complete with a stroll on our fascinating Woodland Walk and Sculpture Trail and a trip to our unique Red Lion Pub, tearooms and shops. We have a tram which is adapted to carry wheelchairs and dogs on leads are welcome.
Wheelchairs are also available for a small deposit and booking in advance is advisable.
Adults - £19.00
Seniors (60+) - £16.50
Children (4-15yrs)- - £11.00
Family (2A+3C) - £43.00
- Visit England VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Electric car charging point
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Clear signage
- Face mask essential (not provided) - For riding the trams and in all indoor areas
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions - Cafe will operate a take way service.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- One way system
- Online booking possible - Online booking for full priced Adult, Senior, Child and Family tickets. For disabled, carers and day visit with no tram ride tickets, these can be purchased on arrival.
- Outside seating - Limited seating outside the cafe, pub and ice-cream parlour. Picnic tables on Derwent View and the outdoor play ground.
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - Dogs on a lead welcome. Please clean up after them.
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Education/study area - Not available during Covid 19 restrictions.
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Wedding receptions - Maximum 60 guests and subject to availability.
- Car Charging
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Onsite Catering
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed - Not allowed on trams or in buildings, but allowed outside.
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups - Group rates for ten or more visitors.
- Coach parties accepted - Free admission and refreshment voucher for coach driver.
* We are open daily until 5th September 2021, then from Saturday to Thursday until the end of the season on 31st October 2021. PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR DETAIL AND COVID-19 INFORMATION: www.tramway.co.uk
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good657
- apophisguardStoke-on-Trent, United KingdomA good day out, but don't expect thrills galoreMonday, 11th October 2021I have to admit that the only time I visit here is to attend the special events such as the war weekend, steampunk days etc. These events are on the whole superb and very well supported! There has... Read full review
- Rose CNewark upon Trent, null, United KingdomLovely to see the tramsWednesday, 20th October 2021Staff very helpful and accommodating, in particular with lending us a wheelchair. On a fine day with able-bodied people would be great fun. The gift shop was closed for lunch which I found bizarre! Read full review
- Linda HHarlow, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFab attraction which is dog friendlyFriday, 22nd October 2021We had a lovely day here with our dog, a lovely woodland walk with the dog with fantastic views, interesting things to see and dogs are allowed everywhere on a lead including in the exhibition rooms... Read full review
Map & Directions
15 miles north of Derby, 6 miles from Matlock and 8 miles from the M1 Junction 28. Follow brown signs for Tramway Museum.Accessible by Public Transport: Whatstandwell station is 1 mile away.
- Crich Tramway Village