AboutTake a tram ride through time at Crich Tramway Village, home of The National Tramway Museum - an ideal destination for all ages. Visitors can ride our world renowned vintage trams through our unique period street and out into the open countryside for spectacular views, explore fascinating exhibitions and watch as trams are restored from our Workshop Viewing Gallery. This captivating journey into history is made complete with a stroll on our fascinating Woodland Walk and Sculpture Trail and a trip to our unique Red Lion Pub, tearooms and shops. We have a tram which is adapted to carry wheelchairs and dogs on leads are welcome.
Wheelchairs are also available for a small deposit and booking in advance is advisable.
Adults - £18.00
Seniors (60+) - £14.50
Children (4-15yrs)- - £11.00
Family (2A+3C) - £41.00
Save 50p per ticket by booking online at least 24 hours in advance.
- Visit England VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Electric car charging point
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Clear signage
- Face mask essential (not provided) - For riding the trams and in all indoor areas
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions - Cafe will operate a take way service.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- One way system
- Online booking possible - Online booking for full priced Adult, Senior, Child and Family tickets. For disabled, carers and day visit with no tram ride tickets, these can be purchased on arrival.
- Outside seating - Limited seating outside the cafe, pub and ice-cream parlour. Picnic tables on Derwent View and the outdoor play ground.
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - Dogs on a lead welcome. Please clean up after them.
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Education/study area - Not available during Covid 19 restrictions.
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing - Conference room for up to 60 theatre style. Not available during Covid 19 restrictions.
- Wedding receptions
- Car Charging
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed - Not allowed on trams or in buildings, but allowed outside.
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups - Group rates for ten or more visitors.
- Coach parties accepted - Free admission and refreshment voucher for coach driver.
* We are open for outside areas and limited tram rides from 12th April – 16th May.
We have suffered a drastic loss of income during lock-down. If you would like to make donation, it would be gratefully appreciated. PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR DETAIL AND COVID-19 INFORMATION
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good650
- Companion03541385091Tideswell, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat day outThursday, 29th July 2021Didn’t think we would stay here long but spent a good 5 hours here. 3 different trams were in service (although one broke down and had to be recovered, good to watch, was back In service in no... Read full review
- Stay63021110060Harrow, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWorth a visitFriday, 30th July 2021Great little place with lots to do more than you would think. They allow dogs on leads. Come back free ticket very worth while. Read full review
- 509LaurenSPeterborough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNot very impressed!Friday, 30th July 2021Really disappointed after our visit today! Sadly the weather wasn’t on our side to start with (not the fault of the tram museum) however we waited at the stop for our tram to then be asked to wear... Read full review
Map & Directions
15 miles north of Derby, 6 miles from Matlock and 8 miles from the M1 Junction 28. Follow brown signs for Tramway Museum.Accessible by Public Transport: Whatstandwell station is 1 mile away.
- Crich Tramway Village