We are reopening the cycle hire and tuck shop on: WEDNESDAY 1st JULY 2020.
For cycle hire on the Monsal Trail, situated at Blackwell Mill, Wyedale, 3 miles downstream from Buxton., Blackwell Mill Cycle Hire can be found at the beginning of the magnificent Monsal Trail in the Peak District National Park. Cycle hire is available to all ages. The Monsal Trail is a disused railway line recently converted into a cycle route that runs through the Monsal tunnels from Blackwell Mill near Buxton, to Bakewell giving 8.5 miles of traffic free cycling activity amongst some of the most spectacular scenery that Derbyshire has to offer. The 8.5 mile cycle trail follows the River Wye and takes you through several newly opened lit tunnels, between steep gorges, surrounding limestones valleys, Wyedale, the Wye Valley, Millersdale, Chee Dale and across the spectacular Monsal Trail viaduct, making this an exceptional cycling experience.
Now available -Eco Republic electric cycles.
For public transport information-phone Buxton Tourist Information -01298 25106
One price all day.
CHILD £10.00 (UNDER 5FT)
2 SEATER TRAILERS £10.00 (12 MONTHS +)
BABY SEAT (9 MONTHS +) £5.00
DOG TRAILER £10.00)
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Children welcome
- Parking with charge
- Accepts groups
* REOPENING WEDNESDAY 1st JULY 2020
7 DAYS A WEEK 9.30am until 5pm
ALL BIKES ARE SANIZED BETWEEN HIRES. PLEASE PROVIDE OWN HELMET WHERE POSSIBLE.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good13
- susieb853Love the electric bikesFriday, 16th October 2020Good range of bikes (try an electric bike - wow!). Helpful guy running it and a great trail right next to it. A great day out - long or short. Really good value. Read full review
- 857carynwNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayReally helpful staffTuesday, 20th October 2020We were having a lovely day out cycling along the Monsal Trail. My friend had some trouble with her gears and the really friendly, helpful staff at Blackwell Mill Cycle Hire took a look at them for... Read full review
- JasmineLouiseBan92Great day outFriday, 23rd October 2020We headed down at midday to hire 2 bikes, which cost 17 pounds each for the day! The service was excellent, and locks were provided free of charge. The man was really helpful and gave us a useful map... Read full review
Map & Directions
The centre is approached by entering the Wye Dale car park on the A6 (opposite the aggregate Topley Pike Quarry entrance) 3 miles south of Buxton towards Bakewell. There is alternative free parking at the above Topley Pike Lay-by on the A6 with a steep walk down to us.Accessible by Public Transport: Buxton station is 4 miles away.