Journey 7 miles to the iconic view across Monsal Dale. This route is available to download as a PDF and GPX file at the bottom of this page.
Start/End Point Hassop Station Café and Cycle Hire car park (on Monsal Trail) DE45 1NW
1. From Hassop Station car park go onto the Monsal Trail and turn right
2. Follow the trail to Thornbridge station (you will see former station master’s house on the left)
3. Double back at end of platform on your right and through a gate to leave the trail
4. Turn left at road
5. Turn left into Great Longstone
6. At the Crispin T junction turn left
7. Follow the road up through Little Longstone, past the Packhorse to the B6465 road.
8. Turn right then immediately left into car park (take care crossing road) for view at Monsal Head
9. Exit car park and turn right downhill to Ashford-in-the-Water
10. Turn left at T junction at Ashford Arms
11. Turn right onto A620 then immediately left on old road adjacent to cricket pitch (take care crossing road) and cross over the river
12. Turn left onto A6 towards Bakewell
13. Turn left over packhorse bridge before reaching Bakewell fire station
14. Turn right down Holme Lane with riverside meadow on your right
15. At T junction (A619) Turn left
16. Take first left to Hassop
17. Take 4th exit at roundabout into Hassop Station car park
This route was developed as part of the Pedal Peak for Business initiative, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.