Experience a typical White Peak landscape on this 18 mile cycle ride. This route is available to download as a PDF and GPX file at the bottom of this page.
Start/End Point Hassop Station Café and Cycle Hire car park (on Monsal Trail) DE45 1NW
1. Head out of car park and take 1st left at roundabout towards Bakewell
2. At the T junction turn right into Bakewell
3. At roundabout take 3rd exit signposted Buxton and turn left immediately after Rutland Hotel onto North Church Street
4. Follow the road up until it becomes Stanedge Road and past St Anselms School
5. Turn righ at T junction signposted Ashford and continue along the road
6. At T junction turn left uphill and immediately right signposted Sheldon
7. Continue uphill past the Cock & Pullet through village
8. At T junction turn left and first right
9. Descend into Monyash
10. At T junction turn left
11. Straight ahead at crossroads by village green and Bulls Head
12. Turn left follow brown sign for Arbor Low
13. Continue past Long Rake spar works and take the left fork
14. Continue downhill to Conksbury Bridge and river crossing. Keep speed under control on long descent from Long Rake. Take care on bends as steep and loose gravel can accumulate.
15. Steep uphill following the road to Bakewell
16. At T junction turn right down the B5056 past church to roundabout and Bakewell town centre. Take care as town centre can be busy.
17. Turn left (one way) then immediately take 2nd exit at the roundabout, cross bridge and continue up hill
18. Take 2nd left to Hassop
19. At roundabout take 4th exit to return to Hassop Station
This route was developed as part of the Pedal Peak for Business initiative, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.