Discover a rich industrial heritage and railway history. This route is available to download as a PDF and GPX file at the bottom of this page.
Start/End Point: Parsley Hay Hire Centre SK17 0DG
19% road/81% trail
Cafes: Parsley Hay, Tissington, Carsington Water
Pubs: Knockerdown (near Carsington Water), Carsington
Shops: Carsington Water
1. From Parsley Hay cycle hire centre, turn left on the Trail. After roughly 500m, fork right onto the Tissington Trail. Follow this all the way to Tissington car park (approx 15 km).
2. Take the access road out of the car park and turn right onto Darfield. Descend (steeply) to a ford, bypassing it on left.
3. Follow NCN 547 to cross the lane, then over the main road (take care). Rise steeply uphill on a rough cycle track (several gates).
4. Turn right back onto a road; go uphill into Bradbourne. Turn right towards Carsington on Brackendale Lane.
5. Continue straight ahead at the T-junction on cycle trail past cafe. Cross the road by a campsite entrance and descend farm/cycle track to Carsington Water access road. Turn left.
Turn left on cycle path immediately before car park starts. Fork left at end of car park and follow blue Carsington Water Circular Route (CWCR) signs all the way past Sheepwash car park.
6. Exit CWCR left through gate. Take care crossing B5035. Rise up a gated track to Wash Farm. Turn right onto tarmac lane and descend to village. Turn left.
7. Turn right at a sharp T-junction and pass back in front of the Miners Arms PH on main village road.
8. Just past Hopton Hall, turn left and go steeply uphill.
9. Cross over junction, then immediately turn right onto cycle access to High Peak Trail. Turn left to Parsley Hay, with a steep ascent up the Hopton incline. Beware A5012 road crossing.
10. Merge with the Tissington Trail near Parsley Hay and return to the start.
This route was developed as part of the Pedal Peak for Business initiative, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.