AboutVisit Cromford Mills for a complete day out, the start of your journey exploring the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. Discover more about this unique valley in the new Gateway with interactive displays with film and meet Sir Richard Arkwright himself in the “Arkwright Experience” Presentation by Sir Richard Arkwright on his Mills (Hologram) and video film, narrated by Brian Blessed, on the Derwent valley Mills World Heritage Site.
Take a narrow boat ride along the canal or accompany one of our guides as they bring the extraordinary history to life on a tour of the area. There are plenty of walks, trails, galleries, shops and places to eat to keep the whole family entertained. Look out for Family Fun Days, Arts and Crafts and other special events.
Children's Activity Centre
Cromford Mill is the world's first successful water powered cotton spinning mill and acclaimed throughout the world as being the first, complete factory system. Enjoy a guided tour, available every day.
Please see our website
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- French signs/guides
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
* Under government Covid-19 guidelines, our normal visitor offer has been adapted. Visitors can still enjoy the historic site in a variety of ways from the 4th of July. Our current opening hours are 10am to 4pm and entrance to the mill yard is free.
Map & Directions
Situated off the A6 at Cromford
Accessible by Public Transport: Cromford station is 1 mile away.