Prepare for a new flight as a brand new experience comes to the Resort. Galactica is the world's first rollercoaster fully dedicated to virtual reality. Based on the Resort's iconic flying rollercoaster, cutting edge technology integrates the thrilling twists, turns and drops of the ride with a unique opportunity to soar into another dimension and discover the limitless wonders of space!
With over 50 rides and attractions, the Alton Towers Resort is Britain's Greatest Escape! CBeebies Land is home to a range of themed rides, attractions and live entertainment, and features some of the most-loved children's characters and shows including Postman Pat, In the Night Garden, Tree Fu Tom and Charlie and Lola.
Whether you're looking for family fun or adrenalin-pumping experiences, there's something for the whole family at Alton Towers Resort including the UK's first Rollercoaster Restaurant!
New interactive and at Alton Towers Resort, home to characters and live shows that will inspire learning through play. CBeebies viewers can step right into their world. A place that's full of nourishing, real adventures. Come and play...
Alton Towers Waterpark
Soak up some watery fun at the Caribbean themed water park, where you can be blasted up and away by the fantastic Masterblaster wet rollercoaster or explore the Wacky Waterworks and Treehouse before relaxing in the Lazy River.
Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest
Two fantastical high ropes courses set within the captivating woodland of the Enchanted Village - a high ropes for those with a head for heights and low ropes for younger children or those who want to stay a bit closer to the ground!
Themed around Alton Towers signature rides and attractions, Extraordinary Golf offers an entertaining round to test players of all ages as they shoot a birdie into Air, putt their way into Oblivion and swing over Nemesis.
Storage lockers available for hire.
2016 Gate prices: Adult: (12+) £51.60, Child: (3-11) £45.60, (Under 3's) Free, Seniors: (over 60) £25.80
Family Tickets for families of 3, 4, 5 or 6 are available at £43.80 per person. (Maximum of 2 adults per family ticket).
Book advance tickets on-line for discounted rates.
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism Gold Award 2016
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism Highly Commended Award 2016
- English Heritage Property
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
Booking & Payment Details
- Cash Point
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking allowed
- Telephone (public)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Pushchairs available
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Parking with charge
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Wedding receptions
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Please visit www.altontowers.com for opening times as they vary throughout the year.
- Traveler's Choice
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2931
- HappypandaukWatford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFun for all the familyWednesday, 22nd March 2017I've loved Alton Towers since I was a little girl and it was great to take my 9 year old and 9 month old for their first visit. Cbeebies land is a great addition to the park and really adds a new... Read full review
- DabdadMilton Keynes, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNow great for all the familyTuesday, 21st March 2017Our children all love this site, with the extreme rides for the older ones and Cbeebies land a hit with our youngest. Pricey, but tickets can be exchanged with certain club schemes from supermarkets... Read full review
- ryszardb38Reading, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat days out!Tuesday, 21st March 2017Excellent weekend ! Highly recommend to all ages, everyone would find something fancy ! We Visited theme park one day , then overnight stay in hotel (spotless accommodation & fabulous entertaining... Read full review
Map & Directions
By car: Travelling North - M1 - Junction 23a or M6 - Junction 15Travelling South - M1 - Junction 24a or M6 - Junction 16Follow brown & white tourist signs for Alton Towers.London: 3 hrs (150 miles)Nottingham: 1hr (40 miles)Manchester: 1.5 hrs (50 miles)Sheffield: 1.5 hrs (45 miles)Glasgow: 5 hrs (270 miles)Disabled parking is available and is clearly signposted on arrivalAccessible by Public Transport: Stoke-on-Trent station is 17 miles away.