Prepare for a new flight as a brand new experience comes to the Resort. Galactica is the world's first rollercoaster fully dedicated to virtual reality. Based on the Resort's iconic flying rollercoaster, cutting edge technology integrates the thrilling twists, turns and drops of the ride with a unique opportunity to soar into another dimension and discover the limitless wonders of space!
With over 50 rides and attractions, the Alton Towers Resort is Britain's Greatest Escape! CBeebies Land is home to a range of themed rides, attractions and live entertainment, and features some of the most-loved children's characters and shows including Postman Pat, In the Night Garden, Tree Fu Tom and Charlie and Lola.
Whether you're looking for family fun or adrenalin-pumping experiences, there's something for the whole family at Alton Towers Resort including the UK's first Rollercoaster Restaurant!
New interactive and at Alton Towers Resort, home to characters and live shows that will inspire learning through play. CBeebies viewers can step right into their world. A place that's full of nourishing, real adventures. Come and play...
Alton Towers Waterpark
Soak up some watery fun at the Caribbean themed water park, where you can be blasted up and away by the fantastic Masterblaster wet rollercoaster or explore the Wacky Waterworks and Treehouse before relaxing in the Lazy River.
Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest
Two fantastical high ropes courses set within the captivating woodland of the Enchanted Village - a high ropes for those with a head for heights and low ropes for younger children or those who want to stay a bit closer to the ground!
Themed around Alton Towers signature rides and attractions, Extraordinary Golf offers an entertaining round to test players of all ages as they shoot a birdie into Air, putt their way into Oblivion and swing over Nemesis.
Storage lockers available for hire.
Book advance tickets on-line for discounted rates.
Please see website for ticket prices
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Cash Point
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Pushchairs available
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Wedding receptions
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking allowed
- Telephone (public)
- English Heritage Property
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Further to the latest update from the UK Government, Alton Towers Resort will be temporarily closing from November 5th. This includes our Theme Park, Hotels, Waterpark and Spa.
Whilst we had been looking forward to welcoming visitors to Alton Towers Resort in November, the health and wellbeing of our guests and teams is always our top priority.
Alton Towers Resort will remain closed until further notice and we will work to reopen the Resort to guests as soon as it’s appropriate to do so.
Guests with pre-booked tickets on dates when the Resort is not open will have their tickets revalidated so they can rearrange their visit for a later date. Details of how to do this can be found here. Guests with bookings to stay at the Resort arriving between 4th November 2020 and 2nd December 2020 will have their short break automatically converted into a monetary voucher which they can use to book another visit.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good5156
- Sunshine35776210602Cornwall, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBest customer service ever !!Thursday, 21st October 2021We visit Alton Towers every year for the scarefest with our teenage kids, we can’t fault the place it really is the best in the uk, this review focuses on customer service, every member of staff we... Read full review
- brizzle2016Trip Type:FamilyPoor value for moneyThursday, 21st October 2021Lots of maintenance issues on 2 day visit, all big six off-line at some point. Smiler down both days River rapids closed both days. Monorail closed AM 2nd day - maintenance. Galactica 40% occupancy... Read full review
- X3399GFsallyaTrip Type:FamilyGoing downhill fast 😔Saturday, 23rd October 2021Went for a 2 day break with teens and friends. Massively disappointed. The smiler was closed both days and many of the other big rides kept closing. The park was over crowded. Queue times were... Read full review
Map & Directions
By car: Travelling North - M1 - Junction 23a or M6 - Junction 15Travelling South - M1 - Junction 24a or M6 - Junction 16Follow brown & white tourist signs for Alton Towers.London: 3 hrs (150 miles)Nottingham: 1hr (40 miles)Manchester: 1.5 hrs (50 miles)Sheffield: 1.5 hrs (45 miles)Glasgow: 5 hrs (270 miles)Disabled parking is available and is clearly signposted on arrivalAccessible by Public Transport: Stoke-on-Trent station is 17 miles away.