AboutA popular picnic site and local landmark with extensive views of the Derwent and Ecclesbourne valleys. Alport Stone is the name of the pillar of quarried gritstone, some 20 ft high, which stands at the summit of Alport Heights. Nine acres of land near the summit adjacent to but not including the land occupied by the masts, were acquired by the National Trust in 1930 and became the first acquisition by the Trust of a scenic nature in Derbyshire. Access to the Trust land is free of charge.
- Picnic site
- Free Parking
Map & Directions
The nearest railway station is Belper, which is 5 miles away.