AboutFor the advanced course, we head to the more complex terrain within the Peak District, for 2 full days of training which provides much more time to practice the skills in more complex terrain providing the ideal environment to learn from your course leader.
This course is an ideal continuation for those who have already completed an intermediate course or already have good skills. You'll spend 2 days in the outdoors learning more advanced techniques and refining those you already have. Much of the time will be spent on complex terrain navigating to smaller features and with longer and more complex legs and much more focus on contours. I'll tailor the exercises for each person based on their level of skill and those areas you'd like to work on perfecting.
The course cost quoted does not include accommodation.
### Day 1
• Recap of basic/Intermediate skills • Navigating longer legs • Navigating to/by smaller features, attack points, tick features • Intricate contour details • Navigation by contours & contouring • Lots and lots of relocation.
• Bearings, back bearings and boxing • Improving accuracy of walking on a bearing over rough terrain • Compass techniques for poor visibility/dark • Aiming off • Attack points • Aspect of Slope
• Improving accuracy of pacing and timing over varying terrain • Advanced navigation strategies • Relocation when lost
### Day 2
Continuation from day 1 activities
All our events are approved as "Good to Go" Covid-secure by Visit England. If you'd like to discuss the walk or other options before booking please contact us. Thanks, Paul Smith, myGuidedWalks.
* Book with confidence COVID guarantee:
For any booking you are able to reschedule for up to 12 months or obtain a full refund (minus booking or payment processing fees) if your booking cannot take place as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Just contact us if you need to change your booking, we can often arrange additional dates to those listed. As a small company and not in receipt of any government support rescheduling rather than cancelling is a big help to us.
Standard Cancellation Terms:
* Cancel before 31 days of your adventure and receive a 75% refund (minus booking or payment processing fees).
* Cancel within 30 days of the adventure with no refund. Alternative dates may be able to be agreed at no additional cost, but this is not guaranteed.
What to bring
What to bring
- Warm Clothing