AboutJourney back in time and enjoy a nostalgic train ride on our preserved railway operating between Matlock and Rowsley South Stations. Steam services operate throughout the year together with a host of various special events. Enjoy a leisurely Sunday lunch, cream or afternoon tea on the Palatine Restaurant car.
From May – September the picnic area will be open where children can play with large out door games (subject to the weather) and other family members can relax whilst enjoying a cup of tea or ice cream from our snack bar.
Adult - 8.00
Senior Citizens - £6.50
Children under 3 years (maximum of two per paying adult) - Free
Children 3 - 5 years - £2.30
Children 6 - 15 years - £4.30
Family Ticket (2 Adults and up to 3 Children) - £24.00
The above fares allow unlimited travel on date of purchase
FARES MAY CHANGE FOR SOME SPECIAL EVENTS.
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Accepts groups
- Dogs accepted
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking allowed
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Free Parking
- Facilities for educational visits
- Guided tours for groups
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
* Please visit our website for our timetables.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good65
- Anita MTrip Type:Familyinappropriate giftSunday, 1st January 2017we took our four year old grandson to ride on the train and see santa this christmas. Had a lovely time like we did the year before. But was stunned by the inappropriate gift our four year old... Read full review
- 937gemmagBuxton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA great tripThursday, 29th December 2016A lovely family trip out on a steam train. The Christmas atmosphere was great from first entering the platform with decorations and music. We enjoyed a lovely warm drink and breakfast rolls in the... Read full review
- Father-BrianBungay, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSanta's SpecialWednesday, 28th December 2016We visited Peak Rail as part of a tour group on Christmas Eve. The station, train and staff were in festive guise and there was a warm and friendly atmosphere. On the short return journey we were... Read full review
Map & Directions
From M1 J28, 29 or 30 follow signs to Matlock. Take the A6 to Darley Dale, take A6 from Stockport, Manchester or Derby. Follow brown tourist signs.
Accessible by Public Transport: Matlock station is 0 miles away.