Keeping you safe whilst experiencing the best walking in the Peak District with myGuidedWalks.
Paul, their qualified Mountain Leader, will enable you to get the most out of your walking experience, share the best paths, the quiet locations away from the crowds, his local knowledge and flora and fauna. myGuidedWalks offers you friendly guided walks, private guiding and navigation training.
Join a small group guided walk in the best walking locations in the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales. Relax and enjoy your day as the hard work of planning the walk, navigating and looking after the group is taken care of for you. Guided walks vary from a gentle 7 miles on the Chatsworth Estate to longer more strenuous guided walks exploring the hills, mountains and moors of the Peak District such as Kinder Scout near Edale.
myGuidedWalks also provide personalised private guiding, focusing on what you want to achieve and where and when you'd like to walk. Private guiding is ideal for individuals, couples, clubs, families or any group of up to 10 people and can also be used to create your bespoke walking holiday in the Peak District. Private guiding enables you to tackle walks you've always wanted to do or undertake multi-day expeditions.
Gain confidence and learn new skills when you take part in one of their navigation training courses. Benefit from learning in a small group of six people or less in the Peak District.
myGuidedWalks offer 1 day and 2 day walkers navigation training courses and a choice of Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
Find out more about these navigation training courses on the myGuidedWalks website navigation page.
Guided walks, private guiding or navigation training is currently scheduled for the following Peak District locations:
Hathersage: Stanage Edge, Burbage, Longshaw Estate
Edale / Hope: Kinder Scout, Mam Tor, Lose Hill, Ladybower Reservoir, Bamford, Hayfield
Bakewell: Chatsworth, Stanton Moor, Monsal Head, Magpie Mine
Buxton: Three Shire Heads, Goyt Valley
Ashbourne: Dovedale, Ilam, Hartington
To find out more please visit their website, email or phone.
Guided walks £38, Navigation Courses from £75, Private Guiding from £110
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - New Tourism Business Silver Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- 2m distancing in place - All of our activities take place in outdoor settings, where following the recommended 2m social distancing is generally not a problem. We do however request that guests bring a face mask or covering with them which they can wear if they wish at any time, or if occasionally social distancing at 2m is not possible. It is also recommended by Mountain Rescue teams that anyone exercising in the hills should have a face covering in case they require assistance.
- Advance booking essential - In order to manage group sizes advance booking is required at all events. Group sizes may vary depending on whether all members of the group are from the same household or not.
- Capacity limit - Group sizes will always comply with the latest government guidance and in many cases the groups will be smaller than this. The maximum size of a private group may vary depending on whether all members of the group are from the same household or not.
- COVID-19 measures in place - We have now restarted all activities, and will be operating with reduced group sizes. Numbers will depend on the activity type and whether you book as a household, a private booking or an open public group booking. Additional safety and hygiene measures, and some changes to recommended kit have been made. We will also be following all social distancing guidance. We have assessed our activities and made a number of changes to enable us to be COVID-19 Secure. Some of our existing routes have been amended and new routes added to facilitate social distancing and avoid the busiest times or locations. We have also completed an additional 2 days of wilderness first aid training including how to deliver first aid during COVID-19. The government have already announced that people in England can take unlimited exercise whilst strictly following social distancing and other guidance. This includes up to six people outside of their household, or two households (I would form one of these households) meeting up outdoors provided social distancing is followed. The BMC (British Mountaineering Council), who represent the interests of hill walkers, have provided some very useful guidance (which you can access here: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/can-i-start-climbing-and-hill-walking-again ) and Sport England have confirmed that instruction and coaching can take place outdoors. Accommodation and most other facilities are also able to open now, although for groups of more than one household you are limited to being outdoors. We are sensitive to the impact on local rural communities and on the Mountain Rescue teams (see their statement here: https://www.mountain.rescue.org.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/ ) and will be avoiding the busiest times/locations and ensuring that levels of risk are minimised. Book with confidence For any new or existing bookings you will be able to reschedule for up to 12 months, if needed as a result of COVID-19. Just contact us if you need to change your booking. We very much welcome new bookings again now. If you decided to delay your previous booking and now want to rebook please contact us to make arrangements. If you wish to discuss changing any aspect of your previous booking, or to discuss a new booking we are more than happy to discuss your planned activity with you at any time. We will aim to make changes wherever possible to ensure you are completely happy with all arrangements. If you are from one of the vulnerable groups, we can talk with you about how we can deliver an experience you feel happy to book. Further Information If you wish to read more about COVID-19 in the outdoor setting please read this article by Professor Ian Hill and the BMC: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/covid-and-the-outdoors Also read our full COVID-19 information on our website: https://www.myguidedwalks.co.uk/covid-19 We look forward to seeing you soon. Paul Smith, myGuidedWalks
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place - Book with confidence For any new or existing bookings you will be able to reschedule for up to 12 months if needed as a result of COVID-19. Just contact us if you need to change your booking. We are always happy to discuss an existing booking with you and make alterations wherever possible. If we are unable to run the event as a result of COVID-19 a full refund or option to reschedule will always be provided.
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed - At myGuidedWalks safety is always our top priority. We have always followed a policy of conducting a detailed risk assessment for each activity and each group of people we take out. We review this risk assessment with everyone at the start of each activity. In addition to our activity based risk assessments we also now produce a COVID-19 risk assessment which will be shared with you prior to your activity. This risk assessment covers the following main areas of risk, the measures we have already taken to minimise these risks, what we will do during the activity to minimise these risks, and what we will do in an emergency situation to minimise these risks: Contraction of covid-19 through person to person contact. Contraction of covid-19 through surface contact. Suspected case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) during activity If you wish to see the latest version of this risk assessment please ask and we will send you the latest copy.
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors - As we operate in the outdoor setting the need for cleaning is already minimal. We have however made a number of changes to reduce the chance of shared surface contact. We no longer provide clothing, maps, compasses, food or any other shared equipment. If any equipment or clothing comes in contact with another person, such as in an emergency situation, then everything will be cleaned before the next group. As a result we do not take out more than one group a day to allow for overnight cleaning and drying.
- Online booking possible - All activities must be booked in advance. To make a booking this can either be done online or over the phone.
- Open now - We have now restarted all activities, and will be operating with reduced group sizes. Numbers will depend on the activity type and whether you book as a household, a private booking or an open public group booking. Additional safety and hygiene measures, and some changes to recommended kit have been made. We will also be following all social distancing guidance. We have assessed our activities and made a number of changes to enable us to be COVID-19 Secure. Some of our existing routes have been amended and new routes added to facilitate social distancing and avoid the busiest times or locations. We have also completed an additional 2 days of wilderness first aid training including how to deliver first aid during COVID-19.
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - Pets are welcome for private guiding bookings. To respect the nature around us on the hills they will need to be well behaved and on a lead at all times.
- Regular temperature checks for staff - Temperature checks are made in the evening before each activity and also in the morning before each activity.
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas - In the outdoor setting it is recommended that people wash their hands before and after the activity and also take sanitiser gel with them to regularly sanitise their hands throughout the day, after touching any shared surfaces such as gates, and before eating.
- Staff required to regularly wash hands - In the outdoor setting it is recommended that people wash their hands before and after the activity and also take sanitiser gel with them to regularly sanitise their hands throughout the day, after touching any shared surfaces such as gates, and before eating.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|