The award winning Ticked Trout is a Deliciously Derbyshire gastropub located on the edge of the Peak District. We allow this to influence our menu by trying to use as much fresh local high quality produce as possible. Whether you are wanting a three course meal with fine wines in our restaurant, a selection of small plates in our relaxing lounge or to try a local ale and stone baked pizza in our beer garden. Our menu offers a broad selection for something to suit everybody including Gluten Free, pescatarian, vegetarian and vegan options available. All allergies can be catered for if booking is made 48 hours in advance.
We believe in using great ingredients from local suppliers who we know and trust, and we believe you’ll taste the difference.
We offer a beautiful restaurant, a cosy lounge, relaxed outdoor seating and a private dining room. Everyone is welcome.
- 5 Food Standards Hygiene
- Derbyshire Awards Chesterfield Food & Drink Awards 2018
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2020 - Pub of the Year Gold Award 2020
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Outside seating
- Takeaway available
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Accepts groups
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Thursday||12:00||- 14:30|
|Friday - Saturday||12:00||- 14:30|
* Kitchen opening times;
Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm - 2.30pm and 5pm - 9pm
Sunday: 12pm - 4.00pm
Sunday quiz starting at 7.30pm
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good180
- kimmH9213EUTrip Type:Friends getawaySecond visit was even better than our firstMonday, 24th October 2022Usually you find a great restaurant, enjoy the meal and when you go back it’s changed. The Tickled Trout was maybe even better the second time we went ! The staff are friendly, capable and we were... Read full review
- liv240796Chesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful Baby Shower - TOTTWednesday, 16th November 2022I hired the private dining room above the main restaurant for my sister's baby shower in early November. From start to finish, the staff were very accommodating, answering all of my questions so that... Read full review
- sallysR6055UUTrip Type:CouplesSuperb Sunday Lunch!!Sunday, 27th November 2022We came here for a rare meal without the kids! What a treat! We both went for the Derbyshire Roast Beef. Absolutely beautiful. Undoubtedly the best Sunday Lunch we’ve ever had. Lovely, attentive... Read full review
Map & Directions
From North/South Leave M1 at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right lane and take 2nd exit. Keep in right hand lane and go straight on through traffic lights and round Crooked Spire Church. Select right hand lane. At traffic lights go straight on. Keep to right hand lane as approach large roundabout with car park in middle. Follow signs to Sheffield round the roundabout. At mini roundabout take 1st exit (B6051, Newbold Road). Follow road (going straight on at all mini roundabouts) to traffic lights. Select right lane and go straight on. Follow road for approx 2½ miles to Barlow.
From East Take A617 to Chesterfield then follow route from North/South.
From West Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) select middle lane and take 2nd exit, turning left onto Rutland Road. Select right hand lane and turn right at traffic lights. Follow road straight on through traffic lights. At roundabout select left lane and take 2nd exit. At mini roundabout take 1st exit (B6051, Newbold Road), then follow route from North/South.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station Chesterfield, 4 miles away
Bus number 16 from Chesterfield town centre, approx 1 per hour