The Maynard restaurant is the perfect place to unwind after a day exploring the Peak District. The restaurant and alfresco dining area overlooks lovely gardens and enjoys panoramic views of the Derwent Valley.
A wide selection of quality wines is available and there are always several vegetarian and vegan options on offer. A wide range of meals and snacks are also available in the Bar.
The ethos behind our menus is simple: it must be local, fresh, accessible and food that our guests would want to enjoy with us. Our Head Chef, Greg Robinson, has worked hard in designing menus to suit all diets and dietary requirements. We have numerous options for guests, which include healthier eating options and plant based diets.
Managing Director, Rob Hattersley, is coeliac, so we have adapted many of our dishes to be naturally gluten free without impacting the flavours and textures to those who aren’t. As all of our food is created fresh in house, we can be completely adaptable to any requests that you may have.
Whether you’re planning an elaborate evening or something more casual, you can book a table with us!
- 2 AA Rosettes
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Accepts groups
|Open New Year|
* Please check our website
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- AlanD278Nottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderfulSaturday, 10th September 2022Superb food in a superb setting. We came across it en-route to Sheffield and needing a lunchtime meal just took a chance. They had a wedding party to deal with but efficiently found us a quiet table... Read full review
- Fearless50770014168Sheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe Best Sunday LunchSunday, 11th September 2022Excellent family Sunday lunch to celebrate a birthday. The food was lovely and the beef melted in your mouth. Good portions. The childrens menu is also very good. We had a birthday cake made by... Read full review
- Craig BDover, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally great foodTuesday, 27th September 2022Dined at this restaurant as we were staying in the hotel. Decided we would exclusively eat here after the first night. The staff were really great and friendly. I wish I could remember their names to... Read full review
Map & Directions
The hotel is on the direct route of Bus service 65 Sheffield - Buxton and 240 Sheffield - Bakewell. Upon arrival at Grindleford train station, turn right up the hill. At the top, turn right and the hotel is immediately visable on the left.Take the A625 from Sheffield (signposted Castleton) and follow until you reach the fox house. turn left on B6521 and hotel is further down on the left.Junction 29 on M1, follow A619 (signposted Baslow/Chatsworth). At Baslow, take A623 to Calver. At crossroads turn right and continue through village, over bridge and up the hill.Accessible by Public Transport: Grindleford station is 0 miles away.
- The Maynard