The highly acclaimed AA rosette restaurant is the perfect place to unwind after a day exploring the Peak District. The restaurant and alfresco dining area overlooks lovely gardens and enjoys panoramic views of the Derwent Valley.
A wide selection of quality wines is available and there are always several vegetarian and vegan options on offer. A wide range of meals and snacks are also available in the Bar.
- 2 AA Rosettes
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Accepts groups
* Please check our website
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good13
- theonlyskylaRuislip, United KingdomFantastic food and a gluten free delight!Sunday, 15th May 2022As someone with coeliac disease I always like to do a bit of research before trying anywhere new and make sure I'll be well catered for. A recent stay in the Peak District meant I was on the look... Read full review
- 372Sue0001Newbury, United KingdomPit stop to meet good friendsThursday, 19th May 2022Arranged to meet friends in The Maynard. We were struck by the friendliness of the staff and their eagerness to please. The hotel room was large, spacious and the shower was good and strong to wake... Read full review
- X9872JOvictoriasUnited KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySunday LunchSunday, 22nd May 2022Gorgeous Sunday lunch today , roast beef cooked to perfection and rare as I requested! Crunchy veg and lots of gravy, yum!Really shocked at a previous review re being shown round by rude staff, I... Read full review
Map & Directions
The hotel is on the direct route of Bus service 65 Sheffield - Buxton and 240 Sheffield - Bakewell. Upon arrival at Grindleford train station, turn right up the hill. At the top, turn right and the hotel is immediately visable on the left.Take the A625 from Sheffield (signposted Castleton) and follow until you reach the fox house. turn left on B6521 and hotel is further down on the left.Junction 29 on M1, follow A619 (signposted Baslow/Chatsworth). At Baslow, take A623 to Calver. At crossroads turn right and continue through village, over bridge and up the hill.Accessible by Public Transport: Grindleford station is 0 miles away.
- The Maynard