Just a stroll away from the splendour of Chatsworth House, The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is a village Inn with charm by the pint.
Featuring food straight from the land and an atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else, this is the kind of place you wish you could call your local. There’s even a place to rest your head if you want to stay the night.
So why not let it be your local, for a little while at least? Explore the land, have dinner and a nightcap by the fire, and do it all again tomorrow.
Our Head Chef sources local ingredients, most of which come from The Chatsworth Estate. Drinks include a curated selection of local cask ales, including the famous Chatsworth Gold.
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Pub - Gold Award 2022
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Chef - Alan Hill
- Specialities - Local Produce
- Free Parking
- Accepts groups
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good189
- felinesussex11Sedlescombe, United Kingdomsunday lunchMonday, 6th June 2022we booked for sunday lunch after going to chatworth. partner had beef i had chicken with all the trimmings i asked for a 'childs' size which came out like and adults! both excellent and very nice and... Read full review
- johnlX4575KFMatlock Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful tastefull well kept public house and hotel good food menu and selection of wines idylicWednesday, 15th June 2022Lovely place clean well kept well celared drink, we both loved it the day was gloriously hot and the bear garden and village beautiful tge food and menu exellent too well presented and polite... Read full review
- Clare MTrip Type:CouplesWhat a great place !Friday, 17th June 2022A pleasure from start to finish. The staff were literally amazing. Without exception they couldn’t have been friendlier and more efficient. They also bent over to accommodate our dog which was... Read full review
Map & Directions
The Chatsworth Estate is approximately 40 minutes drive from the M1 via either Chesterfield or Sheffield in the direction of Bakewell – A619.At the roundabout in Baslow take the first exit B6012.Continue forward onto Bakewell Road (B6012) and follow the signs for Chatsworth.There are 2 exits signposted to Pilsley to the right off this road. Take the 2nd exit - at the next junction turn right again signposted Pilsley - The Devonshire Arms is in the centre of the village.Accessible by Public Transport: Chesterfield station is 8 miles away.