Just a stroll away from the splendour of Chatsworth House, The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is a village Inn with charm by the pint.
Featuring food straight from the land and an atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else, this is the kind of place you wish you could call your local. There’s even a place to rest your head if you want to stay the night.
So why not let it be your local, for a little while at least? Explore the land, have dinner and a nightcap by the fire, and do it all again tomorrow.
Our Head Chef sources local ingredients, most of which come from The Chatsworth Estate. Drinks include a curated selection of local cask ales, including the famous Chatsworth Gold.
- Derbyshire Awards Peak District & Derbyshire - Tourism Awards 2022 - Pub - Gold Award 2022
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Chef - Alan Hill
- Specialities - Local Produce
- Free Parking
- Accepts groups
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good191
- Deryl GTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat wine by the glass selectionSunday, 4th September 2022Had dinner with friends here. Lovely friendly staff couldn't do enough for you. Dogs ok too. Food good quality. Surprised at the wine by the glass selection. Superb and unusual to see. Worth a visit... Read full review
- Glennh123Trip Type:CouplesVastly Over ratedSaturday, 17th September 2022We arrived for a 4 night stay for our anniversary. On Arrival we had to move rooms due to our first not being clean , In their favour they did without question and very quickly. The rooms have the... Read full review
- fc123216Blackpool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily gatheringWednesday, 21st September 2022We had a wonderful overnight stay with breakfast and dinner included. Rooms were so comfortable, food delicious and staff attentive. We stayed in one of the dog friendly rooms and found it really... Read full review
Map & Directions
The Chatsworth Estate is approximately 40 minutes drive from the M1 via either Chesterfield or Sheffield in the direction of Bakewell – A619.At the roundabout in Baslow take the first exit B6012.Continue forward onto Bakewell Road (B6012) and follow the signs for Chatsworth.There are 2 exits signposted to Pilsley to the right off this road. Take the 2nd exit - at the next junction turn right again signposted Pilsley - The Devonshire Arms is in the centre of the village.Accessible by Public Transport: Chesterfield station is 8 miles away.