AboutThe Old Hall Hotel is a popular dining venue in Buxton, whether you are staying at the hotel, attending a special occasion or visiting the theatre. You can choose between the warmth and charm of the Cockerel Wine Bar, which still has the ambience of the ancient coaching hotel, or our stylish a la carte restaurant offering traditional and contemporary cuisine from around the world. Our food is prepared daily by our chefs using fresh local produce and our wine and beers are hand selected by local wine merchants and breweries.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Specialities - Local produce
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Parking with charge
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Closed Christmas Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good690
- CharlotteAmyLeeTrip Type:CouplesOvernight stayWednesday, 21st October 2020Overall the stay was fine. Bed was very spacious and room was fairly nice, however there was ivy growing inside the window. Easy check in and check out and was all Covid secure. Nice location... Read full review
- 13janoLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery tired propertyThursday, 22nd October 2020The room was big but the whole hotel is very tired. The staff were lovely, however, and worked tirelessly. Breakfast was outstanding and dinner was very good. Buxton is a pretty town so we enjoyed... Read full review
- Brian349Gloucester, United KingdomA nice weekend breakFriday, 23rd October 2020Lovely hotel in the center of Buxton. Great location for looking around the town and the surrounding area. For us we were there for the walks/hiking. Hotel restaurant's dinner and breakfasts are... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne A515, go straight over Fiveways traffic lights and up over the market place. Go down the hill and turn left after the pedestrian crossings. Pass the Crescent and then take the first right. The Old Hall Hotel is on the right hand corner.
From Bakewell A6, turn left at Safeways roundabout and right at Fiveways traffic lights, then follow directions above. From A6 Manchester, turn right at the first roundabout under the viaduct. Then go straight over the next two roundabouts towards the station. Pass the station and go straight over the next roundabout and take the second left down Water Street before the A53. Pass the Opera House on your right and the hotel is on the left hand corner.
From A53/ A54/ A537, go straight over traffic lights on to St John's Rd. Branch right down Water Street just before the church. Turn right past the Opera House and the hotel is on your left.
Nearest station is Buxton. . Local bus transport from Manchester, Derby and Sheffield.
Accessible by Public Transport: Buxton station is 0 miles away.