AboutThe Old Hall Hotel is a popular dining venue in Buxton, whether you are staying at the hotel, attending a special occasion or visiting the theatre. You can choose between the warmth and charm of the Cockerel Wine Bar, which still has the ambience of the ancient coaching hotel, or our stylish a la carte restaurant offering traditional and contemporary cuisine from around the world. Our food is prepared daily by our chefs using fresh local produce and our wine and beers are hand selected by local wine merchants and breweries.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Specialities - Local produce
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Parking with charge
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Closed Christmas Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good691
- phillipgeodeLetchworth, United KingdomDog friendly luxury get away.Sunday, 1st November 2020Highly recommend The Old Hall Hotel in Buxton for location, service, luxury and historical getaway. Our whippet was most welcomed. Having a dog, we were catered to in the Lounge for Breakfast for a... Read full review
- SVLE123London, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesresting on its laurelsTuesday, 3rd November 2020Nice but rather worn. Some staff are great (restaurant), some are bored. Windows have not been cleaned this century. The food is good but nothing special. - The place is terrific but the management... Read full review
- mfrank496267Good stay in great locationFriday, 6th November 2020The location doesn't get much better than this. In the heart of town and nearly every room appears to have a perfect view. Shame that the decor was tired and sparse. With investment that hotel could... Read full review
Map & Directions
From Ashbourne A515, go straight over Fiveways traffic lights and up over the market place. Go down the hill and turn left after the pedestrian crossings. Pass the Crescent and then take the first right. The Old Hall Hotel is on the right hand corner.
From Bakewell A6, turn left at Safeways roundabout and right at Fiveways traffic lights, then follow directions above. From A6 Manchester, turn right at the first roundabout under the viaduct. Then go straight over the next two roundabouts towards the station. Pass the station and go straight over the next roundabout and take the second left down Water Street before the A53. Pass the Opera House on your right and the hotel is on the left hand corner.
From A53/ A54/ A537, go straight over traffic lights on to St John's Rd. Branch right down Water Street just before the church. Turn right past the Opera House and the hotel is on your left.
Nearest station is Buxton. . Local bus transport from Manchester, Derby and Sheffield.
Accessible by Public Transport: Buxton station is 0 miles away.