AboutThe South Debryshire village of Overseal is situated 3 miles south of Swadlincote near the heart of The National Forest. The village was once part of the district called Seal, which included a number of settlements; these now form Netherseal and Overseal. 'Seal' suggests the area was once densely forested. Nether means lower and Over means upper. The church of St Matthew was built in 1840-1 by Thomas Johnson. Is is an aisleless, stone building with a west tower.
- Dogs accepted
- Children welcome
- Free Parking
- Disabled access
Map & Directions
Overseal is situated on the A444, 3 miles south of Swadlincote
Accessible by Public Transport: Burton upon Trent station is 6 miles away.