3 self-contained accommodation buildings sleeping 38, 38 and 10 respectively in a 30 acre site located in the heart of the Peak District on the Monsal Trail. Ideal for family and friends, clubs and organised groups.
Our fantastic location in the heart of the Peak District gives you access to wonderful countryside, interesting places to visit and towns / villages to explore. We have the traffic free Monsal Trail right on our door step which is fantastic for accessing walking and cycling routes directly from our site.
Our 3 self-contained accommodation buildings, the 'Lodge', the 'Farm House' and 'Woodlands' (accessible) have their own fully equipped kitchen, dining / lounge room with a LCD TV, Blu-ray player and free WiFi access. Having exclusive use of a building, rather than shared use of a larger building, is popular with our visiting groups enabling them to set up their own home from home. You can book a single or multiple accommodation buildings to sleep up to 86 people. Our accommodation is available to book during the weekends and school holidays.
The Lodge - Sleeps 38
The Lodge sleeps 38 in 9 bedrooms, all named after local edges with a mixture of bunk-beds and single beds. The Lodge has a large separate lounge room for relaxing with 3 sofa's, stools and bean bags. A double door from the dining room leads to the outdoor seating area and large charcoal BBQ (please bring your own charcoal), making eating outside a popular option. There is a separate drying room with heating and an extractor fan and we have a high chair and a travel cot available to use. The Lodge is all on one level and has a separate accessible toilet / shower room, making it suitable for wheelchair users and those with mobility difficulties.
The Farm House - Sleeps 38
The Farm House is a characterful Grade 2 listed 19th Century accommodation building with a charming roundhouse and sleeps 38 in 7 bedrooms (but can only seat 36 in the dining room), all named after local caverns and caves, with a mixture of bunk-beds and single beds. A double door from the dining room leads to the patio area that has outdoor seating for 36 and a large charcoal BBQ (please bring your own charcoal), making eating outside a popular option. A small ‘lounge’ area is within the dining room and has 4 comfy seats and a coffee table. We have a high chair and a travel cot available to use.
Woodlands (Accessible) - Sleeps 10
Woodlands is an accommodation building with accessible facilities and equipment. It has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs and is located with fantastic views down our fields and into mature woodland overlooking the Sky Ropes and Yurt. It sleeps 10 people, 9 in 2 bedrooms and an additional pull down bed in the lounge. The building is energy efficient with excellent insulation, triple glazing and green energy use in the form of a ground source heating system which provides under floor heating. The kitchen worktops and splash backs are made from recycled materials. The cedar shingle roof and cedar cladding protect the building and look great, a water butt helps us to re-use rain water on the garden.
Accessible Features and Equipment:
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system (maximum weight 200kg) with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the ensuite shower room
- An ensuite shower room with a large shower area, Chiltern Invadex TRT3 shower trolley (maximum weight 190kg), adjustable height sink, toilet with grab rails and emergency pull cord
- Etac Clean shower commode chair & belt
- Casa Lift 180E electric mobile hoist (maximum weight 180kg)
- Invacare Accent single profiling bed (maximum weight 145kg) with a Countrywide Healthcare Picara low risk polyurethane foam mattress
- Emergency pull cord in the accessible bedroom
- Accessible outside toilet
- Disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Unfortunately, whilst this building works incredibly well for people with a variety of specific needs, it has not been designed to facilitate independent living for wheelchair users. It is expected that able bodied group members will be present as part of a group/family booking the building. Please see our Woodlands accessibility guide.
We have a number of meeting / conference / game rooms available to hire. Combined with our accommodation, grounds and facilities these enable us to host many different events including birthday parties, family gatherings, reunions, band / choir / theatre / church groups, conferences, team building events and wedding receptions.
Prices (inc VAT)
- The Lodge: Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – from £1,656.20, Monday – Friday (4 nights) – from £2,484.40
- The Farm House: Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – from £1,324, Monday – Friday (4 nights) – from £1,986
- Woodlands (accessible): Weekend (3 nights) – from £661.70, Mid Week (2 nights) – from £441.10, Monday – Friday (4 nights) – from £661.70
See our website for availability.
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs – please let us know at the time of booking if you need to bring an assistance dog). A refundable Bond will also be required and all being well will be refunded approximately 10 workings days after the departure date.
- Accessible equipment available for use or hire
- Designated disabled parking
- Fully accessible disabled toilet
- Audible alarm system
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visual alarm system
- Recycling on-site
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Cooking facilities
- Children welcome
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Central heating
- Free WIFI
- Games room onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Bedding provided
- Linen provided
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Sole use of venue
- Wedding receptions
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Non-smoking property
- Ground floor bedroom
- Building of historical interest
- Accepts groups
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Cots available
- Drinking water
- Facilities for conferencing
- Free Parking on Site
- Fridge Freezer
- Hot water
- Outside seating
- School Trips
How To Find Us
Outdoor education and environmental activities for groups including training courses.
Thornbridge Hall is a Grade II listed stately home in the heart of the peak district. It is surrounded by 12 acres of quintessentially English gardens
Open today: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Take part in an outdoor team adventure in some of the Peak District's most stunning locations
Open today: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news, special offers, ideas and inspiration straight to your inbox by signing up to the Visit Peak District & Derbyshire e-newsletter.